800€ Gaming PC?

Kraudi

Hey guys, is there a way to get a decent gaming pc with a budget with "only" 800€? I researched a little bit and saw some pre Build PCs for about 800€. But i am not sure if they are good enough, or if they can even handle games on 144 FPS.

I am also thinking about building a Gaming PC myself. Do you guys have any recommended components for a PC which can handle 144 FPS?

32 minutes ago, Kraudi said:

Hey guys, is there a way to get a decent gaming pc with a budget with "only" 800€? I researched a little bit and saw some pre Build PCs for about 800€. But i am not sure if they are good enough, or if they can even handle games on 144 FPS.

I am also thinking about building a Gaming PC myself. Do you guys have any recommended components for a PC which can handle 144 FPS?

This is the cheapest machine I could build that has even a shot at making the specs you want. There is plenty of room.  So yes.  This would be a 1080p machine.  Also monitor/keyboard/mouse/OS are not included.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (14nm) 3.2 GHz 6-Core Processor  (£90.57 @ CCL Computers) 
CPU Cooler: Deepcool GAMMAXX 300 55.5 CFM CPU Cooler  (£18.46 @ Scan.co.uk) 
Motherboard: MSI B450M PRO-M2 MAX Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard  (£59.99 @ Ebuyer) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  (£69.98 @ Amazon UK) 
Storage: Kingston A400 240 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£35.46 @ Currys PC World Business) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  (£36.40 @ Amazon UK) 
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 580 8 GB GTS XXX ED Video Card  (£144.99 @ CCL Computers) 
Case: Deepcool SMARTER MicroATX Mini Tower Case  (£30.78 @ Amazon UK) 
Power Supply: EVGA BR 500 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply  (£57.40 @ Alza) 
Total: £544.03
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-04-12 21:23 BST+0100

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Well first, for €800, you won't be really getting a consistent 144 fps. But this is a good system for a little over €800. Some things like the RAM, you can change to 3200 if this kit is too expensive at the retailer. 

6 minutes ago, JJCooper_ said:

Well first, for €800, you won't be really getting a consistent 144 fps. But this is a good system for a little over €800. Some things like the RAM, you can change to 3200 if this kit is too expensive at the retailer. 

Pounds not dollars.  PcPartpicker allows you to choose by nation.  Pounds means the UK.

It’s got a lot of cpu but not enough gpu.  It would beat the machine I made but not by a lot.  For an over 30% price increase.  

That said, it has much better bones.  What this rig would be better for is a future GPU upgrade.  It has the potential to be a much longer lasting machine.

My temptation would be to go 1600af, overclock it as much as you can get away with, choose the fastest memory that will work on the CPU, and as much video card as there is money left to spend.  800£ is scraping bottom for a 144fps rig.  Got to find what systems can be scrimped on.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

16 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Pounds not dollars.  PcPartpicker allows you to choose by nation.  Pounds means the UK.

It’s got a lot of cpu but not enough gpu.  It would beat the machine I made but not by a lot.  For an over 30% price increase.  

That said, it has much better bones.  What this rig would be better for is a future GPU upgrade.  It has the potential to be a much longer lasting machine.

My temptation would be to go 1600af, overclock it as much as you can get away with, choose the fastest memory that will work on the CPU, and as much video card as there is money left to spend.  800£ is scraping bottom for a 144fps rig.  Got to find what systems can be scrimped on.

Well first. He is asking in Euro, but PcPartpicker Euro prices are way too expensive looking, although the actual prices on different sites are cheaper. 

If he could spend a bit more, go for an rtx 2060, which would run better. 

Although i do agree. If he doesn't mind an older cpu, go for the 1600AF and maybe an RTX 2060 or RX 5700/XT

6 minutes ago, JJCooper_ said:

Well first. He is asking in Euro, but PcPartpicker Euro prices are way too expensive looking, although the actual prices on different sites are cheaper. 

About the gpu. He could just buy an rtx 2060 or the super. But they are out of the budget. And i think that there is enough GPU power for the 3600 at that price. No point of dropping to an older CPU if it isn't really bottle-necking the GPU too much. 

Although i do agree. If he doesn't mind an older cpu, go for the 1600AF and maybe an RTX 2060

right you are.  Dunno why I saw pounds.  Nation of origin is critical.  With euros there isn’t enough information to do a build.  The bright side of the 1600af (need the af 12nm one) is it’s almost a 2600.  as for 2060 I don’t know if there’s money to be saved with a 5600xt or not with that choice.

to do a generalist assessment:

enough gpu to do 1440p@60hz because that is also 1080p@144hz kind of generally.

enough memory to get past 8gb.  Sadly currently this means 16gb.  A single 16gb stick might be an option but that also means single channel memory which causes problems again.

enough CPU to run games in question.  Generally this means more than 4 cores, and more than 6 threads.  

enough PSU to power the GPU and not blow up.

1 hour ago, Kraudi said:

Ok guys, thank you

I'm going to try to build myself.

Wish me good luck ;)

Have a shot. Its fun if you know what your doing ;)