Help undervolt R5 3600 using Ryzen Master

Go to solution Solved by pstarlord,
1 hour ago, BulletproofPancake said:

How do I undervolt my Ryzen 5 3600 using Ryzen Master because eco-mode has way too much of a performance impact and I've read that undervolting does a better job keeping performance.

First thing first, what motherboard are you using? 

There are a few settings in the BIOS you'll want to mess with in order to get your 3000 CPU working smoothly. 

But, to answer your question blindly, on Ryzen Master, select a profile you want to edit. (Profile 1, Profile 2, Creator Mode, Game Mode are the options) Then where it says "Peak Core(s) Voltage" Just turn that down a tiny bit, hit "Apply + Test" on the bottom to make sure it's a bit stable, then run a Cinebench R15 run to make sure its more stable.  Then repeat, knock the voltage down a bit, test it, and keep doing that until it fails to complete the test.  After that, turn the voltage back to your last stable setting.  

How do I undervolt my Ryzen 5 3600 using Ryzen Master because eco-mode has way too much of a performance impact and I've read that undervolting does a better job keeping performance.

1 hour ago, BulletproofPancake said:

There are a few settings in the BIOS you'll want to mess with in order to get your 3000 CPU working smoothly. 

But, to answer your question blindly, on Ryzen Master, select a profile you want to edit. (Profile 1, Profile 2, Creator Mode, Game Mode are the options) Then where it says "Peak Core(s) Voltage" Just turn that down a tiny bit, hit "Apply + Test" on the bottom to make sure it's a bit stable, then run a Cinebench R15 run to make sure its more stable.  Then repeat, knock the voltage down a bit, test it, and keep doing that until it fails to complete the test.  After that, turn the voltage back to your last stable setting.  

2 hours ago, pstarlord said:

I have an MSI B450 Mortar Max.

What exactly do I need to change? So far, I've just enabled eco-mode in the bios and change my RAM speed.

Thanks, I'll check it out later.

45 minutes ago, BulletproofPancake said:

I have an MSI B450 Mortar Max.

What exactly do I need to change? So far, I've just enabled eco-mode in the bios and change my RAM speed.

Thanks, I'll check it out later.

If your BIOS has updated to have certain support features found of the X570 motherboards, then there are some adjustments to be made.  If it doesn't, then don't worry about it.  Buildzoid is putting up some good videos going over the different brand's BIOS options and what to do.  I haven't seen an MSI one yet, so be on the lookout for that. 

If your BIOS has updated to have certain support features found of the X570 motherboards, then there are some adjustments to be made.  If it doesn't, then don't worry about it.  Buildzoid is putting up some good videos going over the different brand's BIOS options and what to do.  I haven't seen an MSI one yet, so be on the lookout for that. 

Thanks man, still in the process of finding that sweet spot, but I'll be on the lookout for that vid.