High end portable LAN machine

Gerak_0

Hey,

My processors getting a little shabby and I want to upgrade to something with a lot more oomph than can future proof me for quite a few years. My graphics card is good enough for now (with a future upgrade probably in the next cycle planned) so i'd like to migrate that to my new build.

Its a https://www.asus.com/ie/Graphics-Cards/ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING/

I go to LANs a couple times a year by train but I nearly always rent because my current rig is quite large, and doing this for years adds up to a considerable amount. So I thought it might be better for my next rig to be an ITX build with a handle.

The Lian Li TU150 seems to be the best fit for a case like this, but if anybody has experience in cases that are more portable I'm all ears.

I've been eyeing up an i9-9900k but I'm happy with any processor in that bracket of performance or higher, but I am unsure of if it is a good idea in an ITX case and if I can get enough cooling.

Heres a part picker of what I'm considering https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/ctompkinson/saved/m22Bcf

my budget is around 2k before the graphics card, I really want to build myself the perfect PC.

Am I way off?

What would you change/improve?

Will the i9 just get throttled into death?

Will my graphics card even fit?

Maybe go AMD instead. CHeaper, more power efficient, less heat and faster

Please tag me @Windows9 so I can see your reply

Definitely do not go intel 9900k on an itx build.

Water will not cool anything down at 120mm. You’re better off with air.

You only have 1 m.2 slot on the motherboard

If you’re sticking with this case, check out the mini-dtx motherboards for a bit more usability.

I’d recommend checking out the new nzxt itx case with preinstalled power and water.

CPU: Intel core i7-8086K Case: CORSAIR Crystal 570X RGB CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H150i PRO RGB Storage: Samsung 980 Pro - 2TB NVMe SSD PSU: EVGA 1000 GQ, 80+ GOLD 1000W, Semi Modular GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 GAMING X 8G RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4 x 16GB) DDR4 3200mhz Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E Gaming

13 minutes ago, Jumballi said:

Definitely do not go intel 9900k on an itx build.

Water will not cool anything down at 120mm. You’re better off with air.

You only have 1 m.2 slot on the motherboard

If you’re sticking with this case, check out the mini-dtx motherboards for a bit more usability.

I’d recommend checking out the new nzxt itx case with preinstalled power and water.

It definitely has 2 m.2 slots

Ive seen this guys build which I think is basically what I want to do