How to repair dim black LCD screen on HP

My screen had become dim and black after I spilled some small amount of water on the keyboard. The laptop (HP) is like 8 years old and is operating on windows 7.

When the water fell on the keyboard, I panicked and removed the keyboard from the laptop immediately. I then dried of the water from the keyboard and placed it back into the laptop.

When I was connecting the keyboard to the laptop, the screen blinked two times and went black.

I started to worry whether will the laptop work or not. I restarted the laptop but it was black still and I became a lot worried. I then noticed something on the screen and it was the HP logo which was very dim. I felt relieved but the screen was dim which I was not happy about. I started the windows normally and waited for the windows to load everything. 

Good news - The laptop works

Bad news - It's way to dim and I can't see anything so I just can put on the torch to see where I was going.

Another bad news - I am in lock down and I can't get out of the house and give this laptop for repairing.

So please, I really need your help. I want your help to fix this laptop and it needs to be done very soon.

I want to at least be able to use this laptop until the lock down is over and that I can buy a new one.

IMG-20200408-WA0001.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0003.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0002.jpg

IMG-20200408-WA0000.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rafan said:

So please, I really need your help. I want your help to fix this laptop and it needs to be done very soon.

buy an external monitor.

Beyond that, you've burned out something, which will need replacing. Possibly the LCD inverter board.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

7 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

buy an external monitor.

Beyond that, you've burned out something, which will need replacing. Possibly the LCD inverter board.

Almost certainly it's the inverter, as usually that's what's responsible for the brightness, but if it has an inverter board, it's a CFL type backlight, not an LED one, which puts the screen age at around 9 years. 

My advice here is if the OP desperately wants to salvage this laptop, find another identical HP laptop "for parts" off ebay where the screen still works and swap the inverter, and the screen if necessary. Otherwise, turn it into a headless device and use an external monitor with the laptop closed. It may also be possible to find a replacement inverter/screen on something like Aliexpress, but since most laptops are LED backlit now, good luck.

Yup, backlight is dead - repair depends on model but it's not something you'll be able to tackle with no idea of what you're doing.

External monitor is your best bet. If the laptop has HDMI you might already have what you need to connect it to your TV...

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2