Good sites/channels for mid range phone reviews?

Dujith

Been looking for a good site and or channel for mid range phone reviews.

Typing in phone reviews brings up at least 2 pages of sponsored sites :D.

Any of you know a good place to check for this?

if you want full details, GSM arena is pretty good.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

Techtablets.com(his yt name), Kevin Breeze, TechZG, XEETECHCARE. The best site is gsmarena.

36 minutes ago, Dujith said:

Been looking for a good site and or channel for mid range phone reviews.

Typing in phone reviews brings up at least 2 pages of sponsored sites :D.

Any of you know a good place to check for this?

Type it into google and watch as many as you need to get what you want. Using only one or two places as a reference isn’t good practice 

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

3 hours ago, MartinKweh said:

if you want full details, GSM arena is pretty good.

3 hours ago, EL02 said:

Techtablets.com(his yt name), Kevin Breeze, TechZG, XEETECHCARE. The best site is gsmarena.

I'll add those to the list to check out.

3 hours ago, Lord Vile said:

Type it into google and watch as many as you need to get what you want. Using only one or two places as a reference isn’t good practice 

Like i said, google search gets me ALOT of sponsored sites, hence why i asked here for suggestions.

1 hour ago, huilun02 said:

The best reviewer is yourself

I know, thats why i want as many sources when i look at phones that fall into my budget/needs.

Like with my LG G6 i didnt know i would get a different phone here in the EU then the US. So thats at least 1 thing i'll check.

I'll round up the candidates and then start checking wherever i can

7 minutes ago, Dujith said:

I'll add those to the list to check out.

Like i said, google search gets me ALOT of sponsored sites, hence why i asked here for suggestions.

I know, thats why i want as many sources when i look at phones that fall into my budget/needs.

Like with my LG G6 i didnt know i would get a different phone here in the EU then the US. So thats at least 1 thing i'll check.

I'll round up the candidates and then start checking wherever i can

Then weed through the sites? Research is research you can’t half arse it

Dirty Windows Peasants :P ?

1 minute ago, huilun02 said:

The problem is that you seem to be looking for review sites and channels to get product suggestions. Which implies you dont actually know what you are looking for.

If you know the attributes of what you are looking for, you would have easily used gsmarena or kimovil to narrow down to a small group of candidates. You could then look for reviews by the specific device model and not have to look for review sites and channels.

You could post your laundry list of needs and wants here and I can look for matches. Just remember to avoid subjectivity and offer a point of reference/measure wherever possible.

For example instead of saying "I want good battery life", say "I am using X and the battery lasts me half a day. I need it to last me a full day"

Instead of saying "needs to have a good screen", tell us what you are currently using and how you want it to be the same or better.

Also you probably have a set budget and have an idea of where you will purchase it from. I'd like to know of them so I can avoid suggesting something that you will have to spend a whole lot more to obtain.

additionally, while looking for the phone, dont just straight up fall for "10 cores" or "5000 mAh battery" as the chip efficiency in the phone will be considered as well. like how a SD855 with a 3000 mAh batery will last a lot longer than a phone with mediatek P90 with 4000mAh battery.

Im with the mentaility of "IF IM NOT SURE IF ITS ENOUGH COOLING, GO OVERKILL"

CURRENT PC SPECS    

CPU             Ryzen 5 3600 (Formerly Ryzen 3 1200)

GPU             : ASUS RX 580 Dual OC (Formerly ASUS GTX 1060 but it got corroded for some odd reasons)

GPU COOOER      : ID Cooling Frostflow 120 VGA (Stock cooler overheats even when undervolted :()

MOBO            : MSI B350m Bazooka

MEMORY          Team Group Elite TUF DDR4 3600 Mhz CL 16
STORAGE         : Seagate Baracudda 1TB and Kingston SSD
PSU             : Thermaltake Lite power 550W (Gonna change soon as i dont trust this)
CASE            : Rakk Anyag Frost
CPU COOLER      : ID-Cooling SE 207
CASE FANS       : Mix of ID cooling fans, Corsair fans and Rakk Ounos (planned change to ID Cooling)
DISPLAY         : SpectrePro XTNS24 144hz Curved VA panel
MOUSE           : Logitech G603 Lightspeed
KEYBOARD        : Rakk Lam Ang

HEADSET         : Plantronics RIG 500HD

Kingston Hyper X Stinger

and a whole lot of LED everywhere(behind the monitor, behind the desk, behind the shelf of the PC mount and inside the case)

@huilun02 The thing is i know what i want, just didnt feel the need to type it all out here. As i want to go on a search myself.

Only reason i asked for sources here i as already stated many sites are just sponsored content that besides the massive amount of adds are ussualy very biased to the product sponsoring them. I hoped ppl here would have some more credible sources.

As i already asked, looking for sources where i can then check on the selection i already made.

I do not care about just the core count or high mAh batteries as i realize those things do not tell the whole story.

You say if i know the attributes i could then use gsmarena or kimovil to narrow my search down.... but thats the whole point of my OP :D i did not know gsmarena and kimovil.

Tbh thats the only info i wanted for now :S but somehow this turned into: "you are doing this wrong"

I appreciate the effort tho so ty all for now ;)