USB disconnecting issue

Go to solution Solved by StDragon,

So you need to perform some per-mutative testing. Isolate the scope of issue and thereby the variable.

1. Does the problem occur with just the headset, or a specific USB port?

2. If occuring with every USB port, is it only just the headset, or other devices too?

It could be just a bad solder connection to the USB plug at the end of the headset. Try moving the cable back and forth at the neck and see if you can control this connect/disconnect thing.

usb2-Apinout-600.jpg

I'm really stumped right now as to why my headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my computer. I've updated drivers, unplugged and re-plugged everything on the motherboard, and turned off the power savings on EVERY SINGLE USB port. I don't know what to do anymore this has been going on for a month and I can't deal with this. before this i was having an issue where everything disconnected at once and screwed everything up. But that went away for a while and now I'm stuck with this. I'm using the Razer kraken pro v2. My setup is a  Gigabyte 970A-DS3P, 8gb of ddr3 :( my processor is an amd FX 6300 which performs way above average and an RX480. I have a 750W power supply and a 1TB hard drive. I'm literally ready to put my whole setup on ebay for $10 

As I typed this my headset did this 5 TIMES.

36 minutes ago, nickr1125 said:

I'm really stumped right now as to why my headset keeps disconnecting and reconnecting to my computer. I've updated drivers, unplugged and re-plugged everything on the motherboard, and turned off the power savings on EVERY SINGLE USB port. I don't know what to do anymore this has been going on for a month and I can't deal with this. before this i was having an issue where everything disconnected at once and screwed everything up. But that went away for a while and now I'm stuck with this. I'm using the Razer kraken pro v2. My setup is a  Gigabyte 970A-DS3P, 8gb of ddr3 :( my processor is an amd FX 6300 which performs way above average and an RX480. I have a 750W power supply and a 1TB hard drive. I'm literally ready to put my whole setup on ebay for $10 

As I typed this my headset did this 5 TIMES.

Worn port?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

So you need to perform some per-mutative testing. Isolate the scope of issue and thereby the variable.

2. If occuring with every USB port, is it only just the headset, or other devices too?

It could be just a bad solder connection to the USB plug at the end of the headset. Try moving the cable back and forth at the neck and see if you can control this connect/disconnect thing.

usb2-Apinout-600.jpg

11 hours ago, StDragon said:

usb2-Apinout-600.jpg

It just happens with every USB port and wiggling the cord does nothing. edit: It's just the headset

Try the headset with another PC or laptop if you can. If the problem follows the headset, you know it's defective. At that point you can attempt to RMA or replace it with a new unit.

I went out today after wiggling my cord and i guess that was the problem because whenever i went to the left the thing disconnected. Bought the Kraken Ultimate