google maps on website, how to get the red draw?

Fredrikmikael

Hello i han intigrated google maps to my LANparty website so people can see where it is hosted but i want to get the red draw thingy (red pointer) on the exact location, how do i add that ?maps.png

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

add it in photo shop or paint

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

add it in photo shop or paint

its not a picture its an interactive map just a small version.

https://developers.google.com/maps/tutorials/fundamentals/adding-a-google-map

System

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 5820K @4.5GHz - 1.230v  RAM: HyperX Fury DDR4 4x4GB 2666MHz  MB: MSI X99S SLI PLUS  CASE: NZXT H440  CPU-COOLER: Fractal Design Kelvin S24  PSU: Corsair RM1000W w/ white sleeved cable kit  GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2070 ARMOR  MONITOR: LG 27GL850-B  STORAGE: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2, Samsung 840 EVO 256GB,  WD Red 3TB

ahh right im not sure then maybe go to directions type in your address and drag the pointer to were you want

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

I managed here :
http://www.topranksport.co.uk/about-us-3-w.asp

Doesn't work quite as well as i'd hope as it shows the information too.

give me a minute, i'll get the code :)

<iframe frameborder="0" height="300" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" scrolling="no" src="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=toprank+sport&sll=53.741446,-1.686054&sspn=0.584791,1.777039&ie=UTF8&hq=toprank+sport&hnear=&t=m&ll=53.723326,-1.776524&spn=0.015235,0.025749&z=14&output=embed" width="300"></iframe><br />
<small><a href="http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=embed&hl=en&geocode=&q=toprank+sport&sll=53.741446,-1.686054&sspn=0.584791,1.777039&ie=UTF8&hq=toprank+sport&hnear=&t=m&ll=53.723326,-1.776524&spn=0.015235,0.025749&z=14" style="text-align: left; color: rgb(0, 0, 255);">View Larger Map</a></small>

Try that out (customised to what you want)

It's not what they recommend but it's basically dumping a URL where you searched for your place into an iframe :P

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I managed here :

http://www.topranksport.co.uk/about-us-3-w.asp

Doesn't work quite as well as i'd hope as it shows the information too.

give me a minute, i'll get the code :)

Looks great! Well done :D

please hurry

System

Spoiler

If you search for your address in google maps then you can embed a iframe to the maps and if you want to use the gmaps api then there is a js attribute which allows you to add a pointer. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/reference#MapOptions

Exactly.

72cce.jpg

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

Exactly.

72cce.jpg

chose embed, that would be the code you can paste into you website in html form to display the map

chose embed, that would be the code you can paste into you website in html form to display the map

I think that kind of detailed information isn't exactly needed on a forum like this :P

"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

-Mewtwo

I think that kind of detailed information isn't exactly needed on a forum like this :P

O and btw make sure that you copy everything as displayed this excludes the text outside of the textbox other then that copy everything and make sure that you paste it into your html page. To copy and paste you can hit CTRL+C when you highlighted whatever you want and then use CTRL+V to paste it

If you search for your address in google maps then you can embed a iframe to the maps and if you want to use the gmaps api then there is a js attribute which allows you to add a pointer. https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/reference#MapOptions

but... but... but the code...

where's the fun? where's the challenge?

anyway if you go for the harder better way, you can customize the marker with whatever image you want to place there, and its shadow and size and description and shit

and it's code, dammit! not a copypaste!

anyway if you go for the harder better way, you can customize the marker with whatever image you want to place there, and its shadow and size and description and shit

Bro i really like that profile pic of yours xD sorry if I'm not much help to OP but I can't help but express my like on your profile pic.

^___________________________________________________________________________^

Live your life like a dream.

I agree. I'd go for using the API aswell but I thought that OP wanted a simple and quick solution so embedding it would be the way to go then otherwise API