Multiway switching

lalo_caballero

Hey there!

Im not completle shure if the theme is here, but I need a little bit of help. 

When my father build the house he put a multiway switch for the phones in the house could comunicate with each other and also the router is connected to that. The problem here is we cant take out the router out of the room he put it.

I was wondering how to take out a line or something like that from the multiway switch and put it on my room to have ethernet access, seems like the switch is a siemens hipath 1120. I hope I explain my self. 

thank you for helping guys! 

That's more of a phone switch.  If your router still has an open LAN port then just run a cable between you and it.

If he used Cat5 for the phone lines and they aren't daisy chained then you could probably repurpose one of the runs, otherwise it would have to be a new one if you want to run straight ethernet.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

Does running a cable from the router to my room loses velocity? I think that for a running ethernet cable would be around 30m or something like that.

No, Cat5e and above is good for gigabit up to 100 meters.

The speed of electricity in copper is high enough it doesn't care about 30 meters :P

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C