CPU Is overheating and it crashes

TheKurtzman

My CPU is overheating alot when is at idle the cores temperature is around 50 - 60 degree and the CPUTIN is around 50 - 70 degree so is the TMPIN3 when im gaming my CORES temperature is around 60 to 80 degree and the CPUTIN is around 60 - 80 degree too but sometimes spike to 90 so is the TMPIN3. I using HWMonitor to see the Temperatures. Furthermore, I switch my thermal paste twice and it still the same could it be the cooler is faulty or worse is the CPU that is faulty.

CPU : i5-2320

Cooler : Intel Stock Cooler

Old chip.  I take it it didn’t used to do this?  If so my suspicion is old TIM.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Old chip.  I take it it didn’t used to do this?  If so my suspicion is old TIM.

Yes it didnt used to do this and what does TIM means? and If so what should i do?

Just now, Benji said:

TIM stands for Thermal Interface Material and refers to the thermal paste that has been pre-applied to the Intel stock cooler. They tend to use cheaper ones since they are mass-production, and these thermal pastes tend to dry out in time. The stock cooler should theoretically be fine as the Intel Sandy Bridge CPUs were not known to run that hot or consume much energy, so your cheapest option is to remove the stock cooler, properly clean off the CPUs heat spreader and the bottom of the cooler and apply fresh thermal paste.

Yes I did that and actually apply a new thermal paste that I have bought but still it crashes now I'm actually confused is it the CPU temperature that make the computer crashes. Just did a 5 minutes CPU Stress Test and the temperature only goes to 70 degree so I'm at lost and was wondering what's the problem. Especially when I'm playing games it crashes and show no blue screen or black screen it just froze and make a huge static noise and I have to restart to fix the problem, but before I changed the thermal paste it happened twice that when i boot my computer up it said that my CPU temperature is high. 

19 minutes ago, TheKurtzman said:

Yes I did that and actually apply a new thermal paste that I have bought but still it crashes now I'm actually confused is it the CPU temperature that make the computer crashes. Just did a 5 minutes CPU Stress Test and the temperature only goes to 70 degree so I'm at lost and was wondering what's the problem. Especially when I'm playing games it crashes and show no blue screen or black screen it just froze and make a huge static noise and I have to restart to fix the problem, but before I changed the thermal paste it happened twice that when i boot my computer up it said that my CPU temperature is high. 

If it’s only hitting 70c in a stress test it’s not heat.  Did anything happen to the computer before this problem started occurring?

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

If it’s only hitting 70c in a stress test it’s not heat.  Did anything happen to the computer before this problem started occurring?

Honestly speaking I can’t remember anything that happen before this started all I can remember is that when im playing Dota 2 it started to crash then it started to become more often.

2 minutes ago, TheKurtzman said:

Honestly speaking I can’t remember anything that happen before this started all I can remember is that when im playing Dota 2 it started to crash then it started to become more often.

Crashes that happen while the computer is running are often memory related.  How many sticks of memory do you have?

9 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Crashes that happen while the computer is running are often memory related.  How many sticks of memory do you have?

I have 2 x 4 GB ram