XMP xauses Flickering Blackscreen

Hello there,

I've upgraded my System about 2 weeks ago from an MSI B150M Bazooka with an i5 6500 and Sapphire Nitro+ Rx480 4GB to:

• Windows 10 Home 64 bit
  • MSI B450 Tomahawk Max (BIOS version 3.5, latest) -new
  • Ryzen 5 3600 (stock) -new
  • 2x8GB G.Skill SniperX RAM (3600MHz XMP) -new
  • MSI RX5700 XT Gaming X 8GB (stock) -new
  • Sabrent 1TB M.2 boot drive -old
  • 2x256GB SSD, 3TB, 4TB HDD storage drive -old
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650GQ Modular (650W 80+ gold) -old

Now I've noticed that in the process of using my old RAM first and then my new RAM, that XMP was enabled, but wasn't boosting past 2133MHz, probably cause the old RAM was 2133. Therefore I turned it off and on again, but that made my system unstable, causing flickering Blackscreens and crashes. Here's a video of the issue in League of Legends. Is there anything I can do about that? I already tried Memtest86 and it told me there weren't any issues but well, certainly doesn't seem to be the case.

I really hope you can help me out and let me know if you need any more data.

Thanks in advance,

Moritz

ram in slots 2 and 4? bios up to date?

gpu drivers up to date?

to be honest the blackscreen and crashes are gpu symptoms, for ram problems you'd get blue screens.

I doubt thats an XMP Issue.

First you should run a memtest to make sure the new RAM is ok.

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

The RAM is in slots 2 and 4, bios is V3.5, the newest I could find, Radeon Software is on the newest Patch. I know it sounds more like a GPU issue but I tried a lot of things between reinstalling Graphics Drivers, Windows even, trying out my old Graphics card, the only consistent fix has been turning off XMP.

@Praesi The Memtest was done on the new RAM.

P.S.: I just tried again and it made the entire System restart when having XMP enabled, first I had a bit fo the Blackscreen issues when starting up and ingame it intensified and led to the crash.

Edited by GermanTechnologies
PS

Anyone got a clue? Sorry for the bump but I'm really out of ideas here, havent found anything while trying to google the issue.

I just tried out two different RAM sticks from a friend, Crucial Ballistix' at 3200 MHz and they're working just fine, guess I'll have to send back my RAM and order different RAM.