How is the monitor: Acer Nitro VG270U Pbmiipx?

hyperactve

I actually didn't plan to buy a PC this year. But under lockdown, I'm thinking if I should buy one as I'm getting bored staying in home all the time.

So I'll start with a monitor! (Because I can use it as a second screen of my laptop in the meantime)

So, I think I'll go for an IPS monitor with 1440p resolution. But prices are too high. By initial budget was 250$. But it seems monitor prices are high. I can see that, some monitor are higher priced than when they were reviewed.

After looking for a while I found this one: https://www.newegg.com/black-acer-nitro-gaming-series-vg270u-pbmiipx-27/p/N82E16824011243?Item=N82E16824011243

And this one: https://www.newegg.com/pixio-px275h-27-wqhd/p/0JC-0081-00030?Description=Pixio%20PX275h&cm_re=Pixio_PX275h-_-0JC-0081-00030-_-Product&quicklink=true

I'm not sure which one to choose! Or if there is a better one? Any help is appreciated.

Just now, NZgamer said:

What country are you in?

I'm in US!

20 minutes ago, hyperactve said:

Because I can use it as a second screen of my laptop in the meantime

Or by adding a keyboard and a mouse you can use the monitor as your main monitor and the laptop as the secondary monitor.

I'd go for the Acer since it's a trusted brand and it's 144hz model!

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

2 minutes ago, NZgamer said:

The Acer also has a better responce time

It says (VBR), which is the Acer version of overdrive, which is not real response time and can have some adverse effects. The response time of the monitors is probably effectively the same!

Main rig:

• Ryzen 3600X • X370 Killer SLI • 16GB Corsair LPX 3200Mhz • Strix 1070ti • Define R5 • SuperNova 750 G2 • Evo 1TB + X300 4TB •

Secondary rig:

• Acer prebuilt • Rzyen 1700X (upgraded) • OEM 1060 3GB • 256GB SSD + 1TB Seagate (upgraded) •

I would agree that the Acer looks better, asthetically wise and spec sheet wise. But you can always get more into it and search for any other monitor that you might like. Also you didn't say you needed a 144Hz monitor. So am i right in guessing you're after resolution and colors more, rather than the frames that go with the monitor?

15 minutes ago, Veczen said:

I would agree that the Acer looks better, asthetically wise and spec sheet wise. But you can always get more into it and search for any other monitor that you might like. Also you didn't say you needed a 144Hz monitor. So am i right in guessing you're after resolution and colors more, rather than the frames that go with the monitor?

Kind of true. The previous monitor I had was Dell IPS 1080p Monitor (bought in 2015 IIRC), Which I had upgraded from a Samsung 1680x1050 monitor (bought that in  late 2008, which I think was a TN panel back then, or whatever was in fashion). But didn't know any technical details. I bought whatever my local seller in my country used to tell me he thinks is good. Anyway, upgrade from samsung to dell was striking and I don't think I would like to go back to TNs.

18 minutes ago, Tundral said:

It says (VBR), which is the Acer version of overdrive, which is not real response time and can have some adverse effects. The response time of the monitors is probably effectively the same!

I'm also worried about this as well. But I probably don't know the technical details well. Since 144Hz refresh rate, it means the panels gets a clock every 6.94ms. With a response time of 5ms (is this average? or best case? or worst case?), it seems the response time is just on the edge. So pixels might start blending with each other (or whatever the technical term is).

To be fair, response time and reaction time both have a hand in the image you will have. But it all kind of doesn't matter if you're not an avid gamer. The monitor you chose will really depend on what you are using it for. All of these techy stuff won't matter if you can't even push the frames anyway. There is a whole post about monitor myths and what is what, so just take your time, ask and respond, research until you're satisfied and confident about your purchase.

14 minutes ago, Veczen said:

To be fair, response time and reaction time both have a hand in the image you will have. But it all kind of doesn't matter if you're not an avid gamer. The monitor you chose will really depend on what you are using it for. All of these techy stuff won't matter if you can't even push the frames anyway. There is a whole post about monitor myths and what is what, so just take your time, ask and respond, research until you're satisfied and confident about your purchase.

Thanks for the help!