Blue loading circle - occurs every 12 seconds ?

Go to solution Solved by Mr Penguin,
35 minutes ago, steelo said:

Assuming this is not a virus, Have you looked at task manager to see what is using the cpu every 12 seconds or so? Watch for usage spikes...

23 minutes ago, MrTuffguy said:

Try this article.

Hope it helps..

Hello, thanks for both of your inputs, however, I have solved the solution to my problem. 

While looking in task manger in 'go to details' (shows PID number) I remembered that event manager shows you a list of 'information' and 'errors'  that   shows you the PID number along with sometimes the program (or something else) that caused the problem. I scrolled through the errors in the event manager and I noticed that Mystic-lighting from MSI along with LEDKeeper2.exe had a ton of errors what was a bit confusing at first as it was MSI, however, I uninstalled the software & deleted the files/folders what were left over from the uninstall. 

I then waited about 10 minutes after double checking the blue circle wasn't appearing what it wasn't. Therefore me coming too the conclusion that it has been solved.

Hello, I am assuming this is the right area for this topic as I am troubleshooting for a way to fix this problem of mine  - please don't click off! 

System Specifications:

CPU: 3700x + Stock cooler

Mobo: MSI Mpg Gaming Edge x570 (bios: 1.60, 06/11/2019) will be doing new one soon.

Ram: Corsair Vengeance pro 3200mhz black

GPU: MSI Ventus RTX 2070 Super

Storage: 250gb (os) ssd - 1tb ssd, 3tb hdd & 1tb hdd

PSU: Corsair rmx 750w (2018) 

64x bit

In the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing the blue loading circle what appears next to the mouse when a program in the background is in use (working etc) what I rarely see on my computer, this started to get more frequent as I went on each day to a point when it started to really annoy me.

I started to question what was going on in the background to  make this happen so I looked in task manager and McAfee Management service .... was using 2%>15% at a time what I was blown away by as my cpu is generally between 2% -10%, so, I uninstalled McAfee as I saw no possible way to lower it down (searched up etc, nothing) and my cpu usage went down to its normal state, however, blue loading screen was still appearing, I have then gone on wards to looking at programs like chrome and even a corrupted version of windows - I did this by scanning via 'cmd' etc and nothing came about - (same for chrome). 

I then started to count how long in between each time the blue circle appears - I counted  it 10 times as testing and also done some more every now and then to double check results and it appears every 12 seconds no matter what I am doing!  (e.g. using applications like discord etc) 

I am very confused on why this is happening, I guess it can be a windows update or a driver update. 

Please ask for additional information.

Thanks in advance - sorry if I have missed something obvious, just started to get into computing + it is 01:24 in the morning - will respond tomorrow.

(p.s. Should I get Bitdefender? - £19.99 1 year + 5 devices).  

1 minute ago, MrTuffguy said:

I would recommend using an antivirus asap.

I have no virus 100% 

Assuming this is not a virus, Have you looked at task manager to see what is using the cpu every 12 seconds or so? Watch for usage spikes...

7 minutes ago, steelo said:

Just as u have messaged I have started to go through the event viewer in WMI-Activity to look for any errors - should of been an obvious check, however, my cpu is not spiking.     

2 minutes ago, Finley_Crofts said:

Just as u have messaged I have started to go through the event viewer in WMI-Activity to look for any errors - should of been an obvious check, however, my cpu is not spiking.     

Try this article.

Hope it helps..

35 minutes ago, steelo said:

23 minutes ago, MrTuffguy said:

Try this article.

Hope it helps..

Hello, thanks for both of your inputs, however, I have solved the solution to my problem. 

While looking in task manger in 'go to details' (shows PID number) I remembered that event manager shows you a list of 'information' and 'errors'  that   shows you the PID number along with sometimes the program (or something else) that caused the problem. I scrolled through the errors in the event manager and I noticed that Mystic-lighting from MSI along with LEDKeeper2.exe had a ton of errors what was a bit confusing at first as it was MSI, however, I uninstalled the software & deleted the files/folders what were left over from the uninstall. 

I then waited about 10 minutes after double checking the blue circle wasn't appearing what it wasn't. Therefore me coming too the conclusion that it has been solved.

1 hour ago, MrTuffguy said:

I would recommend using an antivirus asap.

Btw, windows defender is now a decent piece of software as Microsoft/ windows have improved it massively over the years - YES! it has it flaws with missing the odd few things what is seen as bad as it is a anti-virus software. But as I am sure I am not downloading anything suspicious I feel secure with defender, and with my testing in VM's, it seems to be decent at catching virus when u download them on purpose xd or try too find one on purpose what is sometimes hard..

But yes - I agree depending on your situation etc, it is sometimes better to download/ buy antivirus software like McAfee, Norton or bitdefender (something like them, there is a ton more).