PNY 2GB DDR3 GT 710 GPU Cost

Boomwebsearch

Hi LinusTechTips community,

I need a low-powered graphics card that takes 20 watts or lower and is low profile, in my area there are not computer hardware stores closeby except for a few Best Buy locations. I checked and saw that the PNY GT 710 2GB DDR3 version was available which should work fine for what I want to use it for, although the price is extremely high (a total of $64.34 with taxes included).

The card is not that powerful either in terms of compute performance, why is there such a high price tag on this GT 710?

Link to the GT 710 which I am referring to in this post:    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/pny-nvidia-geforce-gt-710-verto-2gb-ddr3-pci-express-2-0-graphics-card-black/5092306.p?skuId=5092306

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

5 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

The card is not that powerful either in terms of compute performance, why is there such a high price tag on this GT 710?

stock is low, demand is (remarkably) somewhat high, so the price just climbs more and more since they don't make it any more. eBay is a much more tenable option in my opinion.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

stock is low, demand is (remarkably) somewhat high, so the price just climbs more and more since they don't make it any more. eBay is a much more tenable option in my opinion.

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

They seem to have a cheaper model here, https://www.bestbuy.com/site/evga-geforce-gt-710-1gb-single-slot-low-profile-graphics-card-black/4961401.p?skuId=4961401

But im guessing its mostly supply and demand, not a lot of demand, as there is a small market for them.

Thanks for the replies, The EVGA 1GB DDR3 version would be cheaper, although it is completely sold out both in store and there is no option for shipping either. 

This exact model (the PNY GT 710 2GB DDR3 version) was being sold for 45 dollars before and now somehow it has gone up by $15 in around a year or two, we have faster and more powerful graphics cards now that in the past, so I would think that the price for lower-end previous gen cards should be lower, but apparently not?

Will Nvidia release RT series low-end graphics cards soon, or have they decided to stop manafacturering low-end cards like the GT710?

Hope this information post was helpful  ?,

@Boomwebsearch 

Just now, Boomwebsearch said:

Will Nvidia release RT series low-end graphics cards soon, or have they decided to stop manafacturering low-end cards like the GT710?

gt 710 is the latest lowend card. They just don't update the bottom of the line sku's very often as people don't care about the performance who buy them.

There probablyw ill be a new part out some time. but that could easily take a few years.

If your stuck with best buy, there really your only option here. 

Im guessing you don't have a igpu you can use, or can't get something shipped to you.

5 minutes ago, Boomwebsearch said:

At best, a GT 1610 would show up, but the GT 1030 is serving that market quite well in their eyes, so it would largely be a product without a purpose.

You can't find any good options for eBay sales?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad