Is it worth buying 4k screen if im planning to play in 1080/1440p ?

Kelums

Hey forum. I recently got that famous problem of jagged edges, I naturally started seeing this shit in every second game i play except modern ones with TAA. This thing is bothers me so much, i cant play for example Hearthstone normally as fonts and textures of cards are just going crazy when moving them, dont know if it was happening before, but now it became problem to my mind and my eyes and i decided to change the monitor. Note: I dont need and dont respect 144HZ as an option because for me its only matter of habit to see 60hz as normal thing without stutters and i dont play shooters. So here's the question. Since my gpu is not very best , its RTX 2060 super, I understand that 4k gaming is not for me, im not very rich guy etc etc. I heard that people were talking that 1080 on 4k screens are looking cool,better than on 1440p screen, and im pretty sure some titles will do 1440p for me nicely on smooth 60's, so is it worth to get 4k screen instead of 1440p and unneded 144 fps with freesync, since there arent much choices to have freesync on 1440p@60, and play in 1080/1440p differing it from game to game? Or I should just go with 1080@75 with freesync? There's also the problem of watching movies and videos in 4k as my internet is very slow :( Grateful for all support i can get here :)

Also I want to add one question to the ones I asked before :) For that option of buying 4k@60 I have very good monitor in the shop near me LG 24UD58-B, everything suites me in it, from matrix to design, when in 1440p/144 I have only one option that fits my table and is TN :(, its HP 27xq, other choices are not very reliable because of their standing. I dont really wanna overpay for unneeded 144hz on 1440 monitor, that's my very big problem in choosing

5 minutes ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

hell nooo to the no no

Why no no no? xD

2 minutes ago, Kelums said:

Why no no no? xD

cause ur gonna play just 1440p and 1080p so why would you buy a 4k screen wait until it becomes more available and cheaper you can buy an xbox one with that money and a small hd monitor

1 minute ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

cause ur gonna play just 1440p and 1080p so why would you buy a 4k screen wait until it becomes more available and cheaper you can buy an xbox one with that money and a small hd monitor

im not a console fan sorry. I love titles that are releasing out there, but I prefer pc gaming :)

8 minutes ago, Kelums said:

Also I want to add one question to the ones I asked before :) For that option of buying 4k@60 I have very good monitor in the shop near me LG 24UD58-B, everything suites me in it, from matrix to design, when in 1440p/144 I have only one option that fits my table and is TN :(, its HP 27xq, other choices are not very reliable because of their standing. I dont really wanna overpay for unneeded 144hz on 1440 monitor, that's my very big problem in choosing

your monitor sucks i have a retail 20dollar 1366*786 monitor 

top that

1 minute ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

your monitor sucks i have a retail 20dollar 1366*786 monitor 

top that

I have 10 inch CRT 800x600 monitor from 2003, you next

Just now, Kelums said:

I have 10 inch CRT 800x600 monitor from 2003, you next

well i play my xbox 360 on a crt 600*400

RKO

Just now, G O D Z I L L A said:

well i play my xbox 360 on a crt 600*400

RKO

shit, i have no counterplay here :(

Just now, Kelums said:

shit, i have no counterplay here :(

also also my 60 dollar  phone is so bad it cant run google with a resolution of 600*400

I have a 4k monitor I use with my rx480. Most games play at 4k medium fine, and it looks pretty good and sharp. Id say go for it, but try running the games at 4k. If your not gonna run at 4k, just get a 1440p monitor.

Just now, Electronics Wizardy said:

I have a 4k monitor I use with my rx480. Most games play at 4k medium fine, and it looks pretty good and sharp. Id say go for it, but try running the games at 4k. If your not gonna run at 4k, just get a 1440p monitor.

Here comes problem that i described with availability of 1440@60 with adaptive sync. Even with my 500$ ( in my country ) gpu i cant play witcher 3 60fps on 4k medium and that's 5 years old game. Dont wanna know what happens in path of exile for example, most unoptimized shit ever :)

1 minute ago, Kelums said:

Here comes problem that i described with availability of 1440@60 with adaptive sync. Even with my 500$ ( in my country ) gpu i cant play witcher 3 60fps on 4k medium and that's 5 years old game. Dont wanna know what happens in path of exile for example, most unoptimized shit ever :)

You sure about that? My rx480, which is slower, play most modern games like metro exodous at 4k just fine. 

1 minute ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

hey try to play games like i do: Challenge

lowerr everything to low 

play with resolution of 800*600 on window mode

and with no shadows just like a potato 

and a frame limiter of 10 fps so you could feel our suffering you rich gamer

You sure about that? My rx480, which is slower, play most modern games like metro exodous at 4k just fine. 

U joking dude? Even without RTX my man cant hold 1440p smoothly 60 not even on extreme. Maybe you are using some downsampling/downscaling of shadowrate and lowest preset? :D

U joking dude? Even without RTX my man cant hold 1440p smoothly 60 not even on extreme. Maybe you are using some downsampling/downscaling of shadowrate and lowest preset? :D

Id just running the game at medium/high. Running a game at ultra uses a lot more gpu power with very little difference in picture quality. What fps do you get a 4k medium on your card?

3 minutes ago, G O D Z I L L A said:

hey try to play games like i do: Challenge

lowerr everything to low 

play with resolution of 800*600 on window mode

and with no shadows just like a potato 

and a frame limiter of 10 fps so you could feel our suffering you rich gamer

Maybe buy ATX Titan Z in SLI and play in 240p? Looking better

Maybe buy ATX Titan Z in SLI and play in 240p? Looking better

i have a laptop non upgradable 

lenovo g550

Id just running the game at medium/high. Running a game at ultra uses a lot more gpu power with very little difference in picture quality. What fps do you get a 4k medium on your card?

Dont know as i didnt try that. You may say graphic settings doesnt matter, but rtx brings that game its own atmosphere, check some comparisons :) There's no need to play 4k in modern games because taa fixes most of aliasings, as of clarity i dont really think its worth losing that much of frames and quality of textures/shadows 

Dont know as i didnt try that. You may say graphic settings doesnt matter, but rtx brings that game its own atmosphere, check some comparisons :) There's no need to play 4k in modern games because taa fixes most of aliasings, as of clarity i dont really think its worth losing that much of frames and quality of textures/shadows 

4k makes games look much sharper when I run at 4k, big difference for me. The difference between ultra and high is normally very small as past a point, texture quality and other setting use a lot of performance with very little visual change.

4k makes games look much sharper when I run at 4k, big difference for me. The difference between ultra and high is normally very small as past a point, texture quality and other setting use a lot of performance with very little visual change.

In metro its most useless option for me as it does have SSAA or ingame shading rate, on 4x its naturally 4k on 1080 screens :)

Sadly cant have that in all games