Is this card legit?

JW1998

Found a 1080ti on Facebook for £500 and I am on the verge of purchasing it. The seller has sent me over ten videos of the card. These videos include the box, warranty, and it functioning inside of his tower. Is there anything that distinctly separates a fake card from a real one? What are some questions that you would ask to feel more reassured that your money is going towards the advertised product? I am more than certain he is legitimate, I found him on PC parts on Facebook. The group is strict and has various rules that aid in situations relating to scams and fake GPU’s.

Just now, JW1998 said:

Found a 1080ti on Facebook for £500 and I am on the verge of purchasing it. The seller has sent me over ten videos of the card. These videos include the box, warranty, and it functioning inside of his tower. Is there anything that distinctly separates a fake card from a real one? What are some questions that you would ask to feel more reassured that your money is going towards the advertised product? I am more than certain he is legitimate, I found him on PC parts on Facebook. The group is strict and has various rules that aid in situations relating to scams and fake GPU’s.

Apologies for the number of videos - simply paranoid. 

2 minutes ago, JW1998 said:

That price point is pretty spot on and I mean how to distinguish is hard, I would just ask them to send you a picture or video of GPU-Z, it usually will say Fake if its a Fake.

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

ROG Strix AMD

---------------

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB DDR4 Storage: 512GB + 1TB Intel SSD

£500 is really expensive so obviously it's legit.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

As mentioned above the price seams about right, not too good to be true. I'm not sure about your market, but for mine that price would actually be on the high side. As for how to determine if it is fake, the best way would be to physically see it gaming and open Nvidia control panel or MSI afterburner, but that might not be possible with the current situation.

500 pounds is a bad price for a 1080 Ti. Seems legit.

Better off getting a brand new RX 5700XT, barely slower and 370 pounds WITH WARRANTY.

PSU Nerd | PC Parts Flipper | Cable Management Guru

Helpful Links: PSU Tier List | Why not group reg? | Avoid the EVGA G3

Helios EVO (Main Desktop) Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | GeForce RTX 3060 Ti | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W

Delta (Laptop) | Galaxy S21 Ultra | Pacific Spirit XT (Server)

Full Specs

Spoiler

Helios EVO (Main):

Intel Core™ i9-10900KF | 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws V / Team T-Force DDR4-3000 | GIGABYTE Z590 AORUS ELITE | MSI GAMING X GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU | NZXT H510 | EVGA G5 650W | MasterLiquid ML240L | 2x 2TB HDD | 256GB SX6000 Pro SSD | 3x Corsair SP120 RGB | Fractal Design Venturi HF-14

Pacific Spirit XT - Server

Intel Core™ i7-8700K (Won at LTX, signed by Dennis) | GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS GAMING 5 | 16GB Team Vulcan DDR4-3000 | Intel UrfpsgonHD 630 | Define C TG | Corsair CX450M

Delta - Laptop

ASUS TUF Dash F15 - Intel Core™ i7-11370H | 16GB DDR4 | RTX 3060 | 500GB NVMe SSD | 200W Brick | 65W USB-PD Charger

Intel is bringing DDR4 to the mainstream with the Intel® Core™ i5 6600K and i7 6700K processors. Learn more by clicking the link in the description below.

Ok, thank you for the responses. I am going to ask if there is room for negotiation, possibly lower the asking price to £425. It is the strix model - triple fans as shown in the videos. 

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/gigabyte-radeon-rx-5700-xt-gaming-oc-8gb-gddr6-pci-express-graphics-card-gx-1b9-gi.html

You get Monster Hunter World, Resident Evil 3 and 3 months of XBOX Game Pass free.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

Damn, thank you for showing me this, my gullible ass self was stupid enough to put stock in the 1080ti wiping the floor with the 5700xt. I think I’ll reconsider, thanks again.