My laptop is the only device not working on my network

So, last week I finished setting up my office internet with Spectrum. Currently it is running on an Arris Modem/Router combo, which I know is garbage and I'm planning on replacing it anyway. However, the main problem is the title. Out of the 5 computers connected to the network, my laptop, a Dell Inspiron 15-7577, is the only computer with problems accessing the internet, regardless of being connected through 5G wifi, or ethernet through the phone system. 

To summarize what is happening is that I can connect to the wifi and have connection for up to 5 minutes at a time, before losing internet access, yet still being connected to the 5G network. Same issue through ethernet, but 5G seems more stable than ethernet, which also doesn't make sense to me. I have tried renewing my ip address (cmd, ipconfig /renew) which didn't help with resolving the problem. I have narrowed the problem down to something with my computer, as the router, while pretty trash, doesn't seem to give the other computers problems.

I have included a CMD log that spans some 10-20 minutes ish of me pinging 8.8.8.8

Edit: Just noticed that if I disconnect and reconnect from the wifi after losing internet access, I regain internet access.

cmdlog.txt

Had this Saturday, uninstall Wifi or network card driver and restart the PC.

Fixed mine instantly.

i5 8600 - RX580 - Fractal Nano S - 1080p 144Hz

5 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Had this Saturday, uninstall Wifi or network card driver and restart the PC.

Fixed mine instantly.

Gotcha, Ill give it a try and get back to you ASAP, hopefully this works

7 minutes ago, Patorium said:

Gotcha, Ill give it a try and get back to you ASAP, hopefully this works

Did it work?

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

Did it work?

Nope, took 5 minutes to get internet access again after restarting, and still dropping connection. Thanks for the help anyway though

1 minute ago, Patorium said:

Nope, took 5 minutes to get internet access again after restarting, and still dropping connection. Thanks for the help anyway though

Worth a try, 4 hours of my Saturday lost, half my only day off... Best of luck bud!

4 minutes ago, NineEyeRon said:

Did it work?

This is what I uninstalled, just making sure that this is what I was supposed to uninstall

uninstalled.png

If you connect your computer to any other network Wi-Fi or Ethernet network do you experience similar issues?

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/30/2020 at 3:28 PM, Windows7ge said:

If you connect your computer to any other network Wi-Fi or Ethernet network do you experience similar issues?

Sorry for the late response, it is only on this one network, regardless of whether or not I use wi-fi or ethernet

5 minutes ago, Patorium said:

Sorry for the late response, it is only on this one network, regardless of whether or not I use wi-fi or ethernet

This sounds like a deep rooted Windows bug which unfortunately most of us plebs can't fix and end up just recommending reinstalling Windows.

You can try running GNU/Linux (like Ubuntu) off a thumb drive just for shits'n'giggles but my expectation is that it will let you connect fine.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

This sounds like a deep rooted Windows bug which unfortunately most of us plebs can't fix and end up just recommending reinstalling Windows.

You can try running GNU/Linux (like Ubuntu) off a thumb drive just for shits'n'giggles but my expectation is that it will let you connect fine.

Yikes, I occasionally get this error when I try to renew my ip "An error occurred while renewing interface Wi-Fi : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. "

Thanks for the help man, I hope it doesnt come to that as it only happens on this network

2 minutes ago, Patorium said:

Yikes, I occasionally get this error when I try to renew my ip "An error occurred while renewing interface Wi-Fi : unable to contact your DHCP server. Request has timed out. "

Thanks for the help man, I hope it doesnt come to that as it only happens on this network

It's something wonky with your client. It doesn't like the change in Wi-Fi connection.

There are a few things you can try. Maybe perhaps did you name your Wi-Fi the same name it had before? I wonder if your client is having some type of panic attack with the SSID in it's records suddenly having a different MAC address.