Strange Issue With Cpu

I am having, as the title implies, a strange issue with my i3 3220. I am using the stock cooler and the integrated graphics until I can buy a good GPU. My CPU was at 60'C (120'F) idle in the bios. 

I have been having random freezes where the screen stops at a certain frame and a loud buzzing is emmited from my heaphones which are plugged directly into onboard audio. I originally thought the GPU was the source of the problem and switch to onboard graphics but the freezes continued (they are infrequent, maybe once every 24-48 hours but force be to reset the pc and as such are rather annoying). I ran prime95 opn the system but it did not report any issues nor did the system freeze up. On a possibly related note, when I boot my pc, the CPU fan starts about 5 seconds after everything else at full speed and slows to normal speeds over the next 15 seconds. I do not think this is normal behaviour as all the other modern CPU's I have worked with have all started at a normal speed. I would be happy for any input on this matter.

All my fans that are connected into my mobo do the same thing on startup.They are at full speed for maybe 5 seconds and then slow down..Stock cooler is bad on a 3rd gen intel.What psu do you have?

Im guessing that the stock cooler is bad, get an aftermarket one!

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

Ok i'll get one soon.

I'd reccomend the CM hyper 212 EVO its a very cheap aftermarket cooler and its very good! its keeping my Fx-6100 pretty cool.

| CPU: INTEL i5 6600k @ 4.6Ghz @ 1.328v | Motherboard: ASUS Z170-AR | Ram: G.SKILL 2x8GB 2400Mhz | CPU Cooler : Corsair H100i V2

| GPU: GIGABYTE GTX980Ti G1 GAMING | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB  Storage: WD 1TB GREEN | OS: Windows 10 Pro 64bit | PSU: FSP 650W AURUM S |

<<<<< BLK-Phant0m >>>>>

I'd reccomend the CM hyper 212 EVO its a very cheap aftermarket cooler and its very good! its keeping my Fx-6100 pretty cool.

I would also recommend this cooler.

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer