Any games that u can make money from it without going pro and stuff like that?

ale1h3

for example world of warcraft. any other games u guys know about that can make money from it?

By WoW you mean leveling characters and selling them? Or flipping in-game items to real-world currency? Those kinds of activities are present in any game where you can trade in-game items and where leveling is time consuming. And they all are either directly against game's ToS or otherwise frowned upon.

WoW and other long-term MMORPGs are maybe bit more laxed as that is way for them to keep players involved. So Eve Online is another big of that variety.

Poker would be the next on the line.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

streaming, you tube

the game does not matter. just have to be entertaining 

CPU AMD 5800x_____Asus Crosshair VIII_____Asus Strix LC 360_____RAM Corsair Dominator Pro 2x8Gb 3600mhz_____ASUS RTX 3080 Strix

PSU Corsair HX1000w_____CASE Lian Li 011 Dynamic (original choice right? w/9 UNI Fans)_____Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Chroma_____Mouse Razer Deathadder Chroma_____Headphones Bose QC25_____Monitor (1) Acer Predator XB1 144hz G-Sync  (2) Benq 144hz G-Sync

Microphone Blue Yeti Black

Razer Blade 14

Also an XBOX one s.

Magic the gathering card game if you only happen to unwrap valuable cards. 

28 minutes ago, fpo said:

Magic the gathering card game if you only happen to unwrap valuable cards. 

Some form of gambling is likely with how this is sounding.

I had a nephew that hustled MTG in the 80’s. His trick was to make trash decks only.  The standard wagering method at the time was to be able to pick a card from the opponents deck if they won.  He didn’t win a lot but it happened occasionally and he did it with what were referred to as nickel decks.  It would bet “you can choose one of my 5¢ cards 3 times, but I get to choose one of your $15 cards once”

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

Some form of gambling is likely with how this is sounding.

It is exactly gambling. You cannot turn any form of entertainment into money unless you are creating it.

1 hour ago, Bombastinator said:

I had a nephew that hustled MTG in the 80’s. His trick was to make trash decks only.  The standard wagering method at the time was to be able to pick a card from the opponents deck if they won.  He didn’t win a lot but it happened occasionally and he did it with what were referred to as nickel decks.  It would bet “you can choose one of my 5¢ cards 3 times, but I get to choose one of your $15 cards once”

Sounds like a baller 13 year old if he coulda convinced people to do that.

especially in the decade before magic was released.

2 hours ago, fpo said:

It is exactly gambling. You cannot turn any form of entertainment into money unless you are creating it.

Sounds like a baller 13 year old if he coulda convinced people to do that.

especially in the decade before magic was released.

Maybe it was the 90’s then.  He had long since stopped doing it when he talked to me about it.  He was in his 20s at the time.  He did have some very old cards.  My nephew isn’t that much younger than me.  He’s my half sisters son, and she is at least 15 years older than me. Probably more.  My only age referent is a photo of me as a toddler and her brother, who is younger, having just returned from the peace corps.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Don't be sucked into gambling, the people who make it look a success are already well off with money and have income from a YouTube channel or elsewhere, false hope.

SLAMD-XT  Ryzen 2600X 4.125ghz 1.26v~Gigabyte B450 Aorus ELITE~16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000mhz C15~Arcting Cooling Freezer 34 Esports Duo~Gigabyte Aorus RX 5700-XT~CIT chassis~120GB PNY SSD~WD BLUE 3D NAND 1TB SSD M.2~Phobya 120mm G.Silent's~SuperFlower Leadex III GOLD~Razer Basilisk~RedDragon Kumura

As may said above, I would personally never recommend gambling in any online game. Alot of high profile content creators have been given increased odds or given a inventory value worth thousands to increase their chances of winning. The house always wins. This also goes for betting on ESports games, now while this has become more of a regulated industry, it's still very risky as with all gambling. Match Fixing will always be a thing in all professional sports.

Certain MMO's allow you to sell in game items / characters on third party markets to make a quick buck, you should read and look up the ToS for these games to see if they allow it. Other wise you'll grind for hours and just lose your account the minute you sell / buy these items. *Cough* Fifa Coins *Cough*

If you want to make a bit of quick cash online I would recommend learning a skill / trade and setting yourself up on Fiverr and other Freelancing sites. I personally use some of my skills as an Auditor to do the odd booking keeping work for people online, it's not alot but for what I do it's pretty easy work. 

Other options also include day trading such has Forex trading, futures, options & the like. This is something that requires a bit of money to get off the ground & a good understanding of the markets / global economy.  If you are considering this, I would highly recommend reading upon about this. This isn't a guaranteed way of earning money, as with everything it has it's risks.

Hopefully this helps. 

• 2 years later...

There are three ways to be a successful streamer, one is to be attractive, two is be funny and three is to be skilled. Female streamers fall into the attractive category, lifevloggers/reaction streamers fall into the funny category and speedrunners fall into the skilled category.

On the Youtube side providing information is generally how you can make content from gaming, tutorials, guides, world lore explanations and game reviews. 

See where you fit within those three categories and good luck

you can earn money using Buff, but I tried it and it doesn't update when I do challenges from the games it suggests. You get points by playing Minecraft, CSGO, and more but you have to spend your points on vouchers in the store offered. CSGO you can trade your skins for money but you have to be pretty good player.

16 hours ago, WackySpace said:

you can earn money using Buff, but I tried it and it doesn't update when I do challenges from the games it suggests. You get points by playing Minecraft, CSGO, and more but you have to spend your points on vouchers in the store offered. CSGO you can trade your skins for money but you have to be pretty good player.

There are a few illegal ones like gold farming.  That’s a sub-minimum wage job though.

Basically any MMORPG, but it's not for amateurs. There are people who earn 5 digits sums in a week, but they are usually the ones controlling the entire server. You also have to invest first in order to gain. The usual Pay2Win craps like premium account, bonus exp and drop rate, etc...are a must. Needless to say it's illegal and if you are living in Europe, you might wanna have as little as possible such sus transactions from sus traders/platforms. It's not only crypto trades that are under fire now, it's any internet transaction from unregistered trader/platform.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

12 hours ago, RyanaHunter said:

Making money while playing games is possible, but finding the right game and method can take some time and effort. 

I actually suggest not doing it if you can’t find one but just really like video games.  Working as a designer sucked the joy of art out of me.  You need to find something that doesn’t become awful.

Basically no, because at that point you kinda have to be "pro and stuff"... and you also need to be actually good, which means a huge time investment likely and harks back to the whole becoming "pro and stuff". Sure you can make some money otherwise but its not going to be a lot, few cents here and there and not really worth the hassle (imo)

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Mark Kaine said:

Basically no, because at that point you kinda have to be "pro and stuff"... and you also need to be actually good, which means a huge time investment likely and harks back to the whole becoming "pro and stuff". Sure you can make some money otherwise but its not going to be a lot, few cents here and there and not really worth the hassle (imo)

It’s like making money at any other leisure activity.  Be it skiing, yo-yo, or classical musical instrument.  You can hustle all sorts of things.  You can get in the middle and be a “pro” or you can work the edges.  There’s generally a lot less money there though.

Edited by Bombastinator

My cousin makes a living out of WoW or LoL ( i always confuse those 2). He never actually plays the game and his computer is basically a market PC. He has 12 characters in total that buy and sell stuff on the ingame market, then he sells the earned gold to the platform that pays the best and makes about €1500/month. However, like anyone who used to make money through online services/activities, he as well is now wondering what to do with the new EU legislations. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

I'd recommend CSGO

You don't really need to get good at it in order to make some money, it's the items where the money is at. I'd recommend only spending money on buying operation passes when those appear, doing the operation missions and investing earned points from the operations into cases (lootboxes). It's a safe investment as the lowest operation cases go for is around 48 cents (I'd recommend selling above 1 euro each (operation cases go up in price once the operation is over and the supply keeps going down = prices go up)).

If the following operations are the same as before you can get 50 cases (which when sold at above 1 euro each should earn 50+ euros), the operation pass itself has cost 12.5 euros in the past and most likely will cost the same again.

Overall the profit should be 35+ euros (the longer you keep the cases, the higher their price, the more you profit).

There's also CSGO skin trading if you can somehow get into that, although if you have patience and want less risk, what I wrote above is for you.

I guess wow has this too but osrs gold selling is a thing. Read an article once about how people in poor countries farm gold in osrs and sell that gold for dollars which there buys lot lot more stuff than, say, in the US. https://www.polygon.com/features/2020/5/27/21265613/runescape-is-helping-venezuelans-survive

The thing about OSRS is that you don't need to be all that good at the game to make money unlike in competitive games. You need to obviously understand it and there's a huge time investment, but you don't need to be the best in the world at runescape to make money.

My stuff:

Spoiler

CPU :  Intel i5 8400 | GPU : MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4GB

RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3600MHz

Mouse : Logitech G502 HERO SE | Keyboard : Mountain Everest Max w/ Cherry MX Brown

Headset : Beyerdynamics DT990 Pro 250Ω w/ AT2020USB+

Monitor : Acer XF240H @  144Hz

My ex-colleague used to farm China mobile game like that look like Clash Of Clan and sell the accounts. 

He even bought a cheap dual Xeon server PC so he can open 16-20 emulators at once and he put the server at work.. so free electric and cooling. 

A couple of my customer also farm mobile games with emulators to do RMT. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |