What Most Schools Don't Teach

Was browsing my Facebook feed and came across this... thought i would share... maybe some of you are just starting... or have people asking what we do or something similar... this is about us coders... what we do... how most people start...

Waiting...

Well.. Pretty much every girl in my school is a chavy horrible thing.. So that's half the school out of it.

hello

What kind of annual salary does an average computer programmer make?

around  90,000 dollars a year for software developing.

Everyday life skills?

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

Everyday life skills?

You don't have to be a genius to code... programming isn't so complicated... it's solving a problem and then creating an algorithm with that solution... basic everyday life skills... basic mathematical operations and some logical thinking... is all it takes to start!!

Waiting...

You don't have to be a genius to code... programming isn't so complicated... it's solving a problem and then creating an algorithm with that solution... basic everyday life skills... basic mathematical operations and some logical thinking... is all it takes to start!!

I agree. I can code and I am not a genius. I just think logically. 

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

That video was very enlightening.  Makes me feel much less intimidated when successful people like Gabe Newell, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg say that you don't have to be a genius to learn this practice.  I think a lot of students, like myself, who take a chance with Computer Science at their local universities, get so stressed and intimidated by the amount of information that these curriculums throw at us.  Instead, we should be encouraging young minds to be creative and collaborative with others to write unique and interesting programs; not shove exceedingly difficult concepts down their throats and ask for regurgitated information.