Fortnite drastic fps drop

Dragracer1588

Hey guys,

Here’s my pc setup an specs

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Dragracer1588/saved/4f268d

Recently I’ve been experiencing a drastic fps drop in fortnite late game. Someone told me that I have to upgrade mu PSU cuz my gpu minimum recommend psu is 650w. 

I’d like to have ur opinion about this issue please.

Thanks

Fortnite is buggy AF atm.

I get anywhere between a 1-10 sec lag spike at the start of almost every game. I have also noticed end game frametime issues, not every game but often enough to notice.

2 minutes ago, Dragracer1588 said:

Recently I’ve been experiencing a drastic fps drop in fortnite late game. Someone told me that I have to upgrade mu PSU cuz my gpu minimum recommend psu is 650w. 

?? But the PSU listed in your parts list is a Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W? It's A) 650W, B) a pretty decent PSU, and C) having a PSU with not enough wattage isn't going to cause such an issue.
That person doesn't know what they're talking about.

What does the FPS start out as and what does it drop to?

What happens if you run a synthetic benchmark like 3dMark timespy extreme?
Does the FPS drop in other games?

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

You have 120mm aio cooler which is made for stock cpu speeds(i7 9700k runs pretty hot). Check your cpu temps. Play fortnite and measure your temps with hwinfo64

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

6 hours ago, Spotty said:

?? But the PSU listed in your parts list is a Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W? It's A) 650W, B) a pretty decent PSU, and C) having a PSU with not enough wattage isn't going to cause such an issue.
That person doesn't know what they're talking about.

What does the FPS start out as and what does it drop to?

What happens if you run a synthetic benchmark like 3dMark timespy extreme?
Does the FPS drop in other games?

I don’t know dude, he’s an online IT. He claimed its indirectly affecting. 

im supposed to run the game at 240 fps

my average fps runs between 120-240. Its really weird to have this huge gap with such pc parts!! 

6 hours ago, SavageNeo said:

You have 120mm aio cooler which is made for stock cpu speeds(i7 9700k runs pretty hot). Check your cpu temps. Play fortnite and measure your temps with hwinfo64

You mean the kraken m22 is not good for my cpu? Actually im considering to upgrade it to the new kraken z63 https://www.newegg.com/global/il-en/nzxt-liquid-cooling-system-kraken-z/p/N82E16835146069

do u think it’d solve the problem?

8 minutes ago, Dragracer1588 said:

im supposed to run the game at 240 fps

more than that

2 minutes ago, Dragracer1588 said:

You mean the kraken m22 is not good for my cpu?

its okay cooler, but you should still check the temperatures of your gpu and your cpu. And yes that 280mm one will be much better

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

Look at pro players' streams, I've seen even 9900k/2080ti that drop significantly lategame. 

On youtube ItsJerian has a few videos on all kinds of different settings you can tweak to help your fps.

9 minutes ago, bronsonj said:

maybe try re installing drivers?

I did a couple times

Just now, Dragracer1588 said:

I did a couple times

I would try ddu and failing that fork knife is just a buggy game?