X570-plus stuck at CPU red light

Niber

x570-plus

Ryzen 3 2200G

1000w power supply 

Trying to upgrade my computer, but it just won't start anything on the monitor and then I discovered that it's stuck on the red CPU light from booting.

Google tells me:

1) Could be faulty CPU: Tried on old motherboard works fine.

2) Try a stronger PSU: Bought a 1000w, still doesn't work.

3) Try plugging in both the 8-pin CPU power AS WELL as the 4-pin CPU power: Tried (see pic), still doesn't work.

4) Try just 1 RAM stick in A2 position: Tried still doesn't work.

5) RAM faulty?: Tried in old motherboard works fine.

(took off the CPU fan for this pic, but atleast on the old motherboard it works without fan so that shouldln't be it either) 

cpu fuuuudge.PNG

The board needs to be updated to at least BIOS version 1404 to work with the 2200G, per the CPU support list on ASUS' website.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

29 minutes ago, Mateyyy said:

The board needs to be updated to at least BIOS version 1404 to work with the 2200G, per the CPU support list on ASUS' website.

Thanks, hmm I'm so confused how I can do that withotu acccess to the bios, perhaps you mean I need to borrow/buy a compatible CPU, then upgrade bios, then switch back? I will keep trying to find out

11 hours ago, Mateyyy said:

thanks for the info, all of NZ is in lockdown but managed to find someone who could do the bios upgrade for a fee