Distribution of data internet usage between wifi and ethernet

dnakruf

Hello,

As far as I know, windows 10 can automatically distribute the usage of your internet between ethernet and wifi if two of them are connected at the same time.

Question is, is it possible to make windows use Wifi only for one specific application and do the rest from the internet source that is connected through ethernet?

I can say that it is but I can't provide instructions on how to set it up. There are some firewall rules you could configure and I've been told there are some 3rd party applications that could tell the system to use a specific interface on an per application basis.

If no-one else can name the programs you'll have to do some Googling.

16 minutes ago, Windows7ge said:

I can say that it is but I can't provide instructions on how to set it up. There are some firewall rules you could configure and I've been told there are some 3rd party applications that could tell the system to use a specific interface on an per application basis.

If no-one else can name the programs you'll have to do some Googling.

I want steam and the games I run on it use my wifi connection and all of the rest from my ethernet.

I really don't know what to Google to find what I am looking for.

5 minutes ago, dnakruf said:

I want steam and the games I run on it use my wifi connection and all of the rest from my ethernet.

I really don't know what to Google to find what I am looking for.

You could probably start by Googling QoS (Quality of Service) for Windows. This is typically for controlling bandwidth to devices or applications but it may also enable you to pick interfaces for applications.

Don't quote me on that though.