First ever game PC build

SachaR

Hi there, my name is Sacha, I live in Belgium and I'm 24 years old. I've been a big fan of LTT ever since I got my first gaming pc (bought a pre-made one). However, this pc is getting quite old, and is starting to show it's weaknesses. 

So, I'm willing to spend some cash on a new computer, wether that be fully new or with some old parts from my current one (I reckon the PSU is still very viable). Here it comes:

Old PC:

GPU: GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
Optical: DVD-RW SATA black 
Cooling: Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 2000 (broken usb3 ports)
MB: Gigabyte 1150 G1 Sniper B5
Case: Case Storm Trooper
PSU: CoolerMaster 700w Vanguard Modular
Cooler: Cooler Water Seidon 120XL.
SSD: HyperX 3K 120GB SATA 3 2.5"
HDD: WB Blue 1TB
Memory: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
CPU: i5-4670k

As you can tell I bought this thing about 7 years ago, and it's really due for an upgrade. I have a budget of around 1500 euros, with belgian taxes. I mostly play shooters and I currently have a 60hz display, which I plan on upgrading to 144hz in the future.

If I can keep anything that my current build has, please do say so. I'd like to swap the case for sure hence it's broken, I was considering the meshify or a thermaltake one with some nice RGB fans. A RTX 2070 super OC 3X would be nice aswell.

Thanks, and have a lovely day.

9 minutes ago, SachaR said:

Hi there, my name is Sacha, I live in Belgium and I'm 24 years old. I've been a big fan of LTT ever since I got my first gaming pc (bought a pre-made one). However, this pc is getting quite old, and is starting to show it's weaknesses. 

So, I'm willing to spend some cash on a new computer, wether that be fully new or with some old parts from my current one (I reckon the PSU is still very viable). Here it comes:

Old PC:

GPU: GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
Optical: DVD-RW SATA black 
Cooling: Coolermaster SickleFlow 120 2000 (broken usb3 ports)
MB: Gigabyte 1150 G1 Sniper B5
Case: Case Storm Trooper
PSU: CoolerMaster 700w Vanguard Modular
Cooler: Cooler Water Seidon 120XL.
SSD: HyperX 3K 120GB SATA 3 2.5"
HDD: WB Blue 1TB
Memory: 8GB 1600Mhz DDR3
CPU: i5-4670k

As you can tell I bought this thing about 7 years ago, and it's really due for an upgrade. I have a budget of around 1500 euros, with belgian taxes. I mostly play shooters and I currently have a 60hz display, which I plan on upgrading to 144hz in the future.

If I can keep anything that my current build has, please do say so. I'd like to swap the case for sure hence it's broken, I was considering the meshify or a thermaltake one with some nice RGB fans. A RTX 2070 super OC 3X would be nice aswell.

Thanks, and have a lovely day.

The psu from ur old pc should work and ur old HDD should work as a games drive on this setup 

Reminder⚠️

I'm just speaking from experience so what I say may not work 100%

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

Here's a part list that is more or less reasonable with your specs requested.

From what I see, you can keep the SSD and HDD, but not as a boot drive. Maybe just plugged in to access your files or something. Everything else can't be transferred over(PSU technically can, but I wouldn't trust a 7 year old PSU. If the PSU breaks your whole PC is at risk)

Here's a part list, includes RGB case fans, RGB RAM, the same GPU you specified, a Meshify C, a 1440p 144hz monitor.

Practically, the stock CPU cooler is more than enough, but aesthetics wise it's pretty ugly, so you can add in a water cooler or something(Just ask for recommendations if you're up for this)

I chose white RAM here because it'll contrast nicely with the black motherboard. You can stick with full black and get a black RAM, or you can follow this theme and get a white Meshify C, as well as a white cooler. Black and White theme with RGB will look pretty cool. If you wanna go even further into this, you can go get some good sleeved cables from CableMod, their sleeved cables look a lot better than stock PSU cables. Here's some white ones that support this particular PSU, should be able to find them on Amazon or something.

A question to all of you, are sellers like Azerty and Alternate trustworthy? Because I've never heard of them in Belgium :/

1 minute ago, SachaR said:

A question to all of you, are sellers like Azerty and Alternate trustworthy? Because I've never heard of them in Belgium :/

You don't have to purchase from them its just pcpartpicker that uses those. U can just get the parts in a store you have heard of

Reminder⚠️

Please try searching up the answer before you post here but I am always glad to help

5 minutes ago, Kanna said:

You don't have to purchase from them its just pcpartpicker that uses those. U can just get the parts in a store you have heard of

Thing is that most of the stores sell them a bit more expensive so I'll end up losing more budget :D 

Just now, SachaR said:

Thing is that most of the stores sell them a bit more expensive so I'll end up losing more budget :D 

well they are trustworthy in my view

Reminder⚠️

25 minutes ago, SachaR said:

Alternate is located in my city and is very trustworthy. I've never ordered from Azerty, but they are well known, so I wouldn't worry too much.

52 minutes ago, SachaR said:

from what I know they are quite big in Germany, so they should be fine

Do I need any accessoire that allows me to control the RGB, like an RGB hub or something? Or a fan controller hub?

15 hours ago, SachaR said:

Do I need any accessoire that allows me to control the RGB, like an RGB hub or something? Or a fan controller hub?

Minimally, no. Most RGB fan packs come with the minimum required accessories to control the fan via software/hardware.

There are QOL stuff you can buy, like the Commander Pro from Corsair which allows you to plug in the RGB fans' power into it, as well as the RGB LED Hubs so you can control fan speed and RGB through the same software, and neaten up cables since you don't need to plug in your fans to the motherboard.