Can someone suggest my some MX-style switches?

Newblesse Obblige
Go to solution Solved by b emoji,
1 hour ago, 5NibbaHertz said:

what gateron linears should i get?

Depends on what weighting you prefer, but I would recommend that you get the black bottom and milky top housings regardless of weight. I recommend Yellows, they have an intermediate weighting slightly heavier than a red but lighter than a black, and their spring is also a slow curve spring and is quite nice. Image result for milky top gateron yelolows

im want to change my switches that came with my recently bought keyboard because the only options it has is clicky switches(Box white and speed bronze) which i dont prefer. good thing they are hot-swappable so i can just replace it with new switches. this newly purchased keyboard is my second keyboard. my first keyboard was a tactile switch(idk what it is because its a chinese keyboard with RK in it) because i dont know if i like clicky or linears so i chose the middle which is the tactile one. i tried the clicky one on the second keyboard but i dont like loud clicking switches because i bring around my keyboard to school (before the human malware ofc)because i hate to type on those school keyboards and the box white is loud that some of my classmates look at me when i type lmao. i know keyboards are still produce loud sound when bottoming out the keys but you know what i mean here. i like the sound of the key caps more i guess. what switches do you recommend for me?

I would reccomend cherry mx brown, tbh.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.

Silent Linears
MX Zilents (Cherry MX Black or Red Slider inside ZealPC or Aliaz Housing + Good 3rd party spring [TX, KMAC, THICTHICK, Punchy, CWW etc]) - Super quiet and super smooth, travel is reduced a bit but and some people do not like the "mush" 
- Healios & Other Zeal Variants Basically a firmer, less silent MX Zilent with full travel and a shit spring 

- Silent Inks: About as smooth as ZealPC offerings but quite a bits cheaper with a semi shit spring. 

Silent Tactiles: 
- ZealPC Zilents Very tactile switches, but not tactile in the traditional way as the bump starts at the very top instead of the middle. Decently quiet but has a shit spring
- Aliaz Switches, Basically a smoother MX brown with silencing pads, full travel distance, semi shit spring

- Silent Outemu Skys - Lots of wobble, not very smooth, Cherry Ergo Clear Tactility, comes with possibly the worst spring known to man

Linears
- JWK Linears - Smoothest budgets switches, note: JWK is the factory behind the infamous durock and zealpc clones, newer JWK linears are really smooth, notably the Alpaca, Marshmello, and H1 switches
- Gateron Inks - Almost as smooth as Tealios but with a deeper sound and a cheaper price, note: some versions are known to have loose leafs
- Tealios - Very smooth but quite loud and have bad springs with lots of ping

- Retooled Blacks - Very silent due to nylon housing, relevant smooth but can be drastically improved if enough time and effort are put into them and if you get a good batch. Stock spring is not good either

- Gateron Linears - Pretty basic and reasonably smooth, I would recommend the Milky Top Black Bottom Gateron Yellow Switches as they have the best sound and spring out of the gateron linear line. 

- Novelkey creams - they're alright, nothing bad but not as good as the hype suggests. 

Tactiles
- Zealio V2s- Very tactile, bump starts at the very top, springs are quite bad
- Ergo Clears (MX Clear stem and housing with 3rd party spring) Reasonably tactile, nice sound, og 

- Holy Pandas - Invyr/Yok/Gsus housing + Halo stem - They're alright, some people like the sound and feel (Rounded tactile similar to but not as strong as zeal v2s) 
- JWK Tactiles, These include T1s, Oreos, Koalas switches etc, they're quite tactile (Somewhere in between a HP and a Zeal V2) and are quite cheap and smooth

2 hours ago, b emoji said:

Silent Linears
MX Zilents (Cherry MX Black or Red Slider inside ZealPC or Aliaz Housing + Good 3rd party spring [TX, KMAC, THICTHICK, Punchy, CWW etc]) - Super quiet and super smooth, travel is reduced a bit but and some people do not like the "mush" 
- Healios & Other Zeal Variants Basically a firmer, less silent MX Zilent with full travel and a shit spring 

- Silent Inks: About as smooth as ZealPC offerings but quite a bits cheaper with a semi shit spring. 

Silent Tactiles: 
- ZealPC Zilents Very tactile switches, but not tactile in the traditional way as the bump starts at the very top instead of the middle. Decently quiet but has a shit spring
- Aliaz Switches, Basically a smoother MX brown with silencing pads, full travel distance, semi shit spring

- Silent Outemu Skys - Lots of wobble, not very smooth, Cherry Ergo Clear Tactility, comes with possibly the worst spring known to man

Linears
- JWK Linears - Smoothest budgets switches, note: JWK is the factory behind the infamous durock and zealpc clones, newer JWK linears are really smooth, notably the Alpaca, Marshmello, and H1 switches
- Gateron Inks - Almost as smooth as Tealios but with a deeper sound and a cheaper price, note: some versions are known to have loose leafs
- Tealios - Very smooth but quite loud and have bad springs with lots of ping

- Retooled Blacks - Very silent due to nylon housing, relevant smooth but can be drastically improved if enough time and effort are put into them and if you get a good batch. Stock spring is not good either

- Gateron Linears - Pretty basic and reasonably smooth, I would recommend the Milky Top Black Bottom Gateron Yellow Switches as they have the best sound and spring out of the gateron linear line. 

- Novelkey creams - they're alright, nothing bad but not as good as the hype suggests. 

Tactiles
- Zealio V2s- Very tactile, bump starts at the very top, springs are quite bad
- Ergo Clears (MX Clear stem and housing with 3rd party spring) Reasonably tactile, nice sound, og 

- Holy Pandas - Invyr/Yok/Gsus housing + Halo stem - They're alright, some people like the sound and feel (Rounded tactile similar to but not as strong as zeal v2s) 
- JWK Tactiles, These include T1s, Oreos, Koalas switches etc, they're quite tactile (Somewhere in between a HP and a Zeal V2) and are quite cheap and smooth

do you recommend kailh switches (specifically speed copper, speed silver, BOX brown and BOX red)? 

i dont want to get too fancy with switches like holy pandas or other custom yet im not too picky but if what i prefer is expensive, i would go for the budget alternative

3 hours ago, ItzCopiouz said:

anything else? i would want options too

Depends on what weighting you prefer, but I would recommend that you get the black bottom and milky top housings regardless of weight. I recommend Yellows, they have an intermediate weighting slightly heavier than a red but lighter than a black, and their spring is also a slow curve spring and is quite nice. Image result for milky top gateron yelolows

do you recommend kailh switches (specifically speed copper, speed silver, BOX brown and BOX red)?

Box switches are alright, but I don't like them much personally. Kailh speeds and pro switches are pretty mediocre and bland imo, nothing wrong with them but nothing great either. 

budget alternative

I would go for JWK switches if you want good value, they have great smoothness and tactility for just a very reasonable price

13 hours ago, ItzCopiouz said:

I would also reccomend the c3 tangerine v2, I have heard good things about them.

Laptop: HP Spectre x360 13t, i7 8565u with 16 gigs, 512 gig  nvme ssd, UHD 620 4k

Other laptop: Acer Chromebook cb3 431 with 4 gigs, celeron n3060 with hd 400 and 16 gigs eMMC soon to be a minecraft server?

Remeber to tag people or else they wont see your post.