GPU Bracket Decision for RTX 2080 Super (MSI Gaming X Trio)

ryvls
Go to solution Solved by RAS_3885,

Hi, and welcome to the form.

I don't think you can go wrong with either option. If you like the look of the cheaper one it seems like a pretty straightforward choice. Depending on where you order it from you can always return it if it doesn't work or is poor quality. Even though it's shorter it still supports the GPU 75 percent of the way, which is sufficient for it's intended use.

Looks like that card comes with a support bracket. Based on quick Amazon search the reviews on it's effectiveness is mixed. Either way, you may just want to see how bad the sag actually is once you get everything built, then add a different support bracket if necessary. Unless you're also going for looks with it, then have at it!

Hey everybody,

As the title says, I'm having trouble choosing between two GPU brackets for my planned PC build. The two choices are between the Bykski Universal GPU Aluminum support bracket (its dimensions being 250 mm in length by 33 mm wide) and the Mnpctech RTX series GPU support bracket (dimensions of approximately 323 mm long by 38 mm). Not sure if I'm allowed to put links in here as this is my first post and experience with this forum. Anyways, I like the look and the way lower price (17.95 USD vs 49.99 USD) of the Bykski bracket, but I'm worried that one, the bracket isn't long enough to support the full length of 328 mm of the card (possibly causing degrading of the shroud at the end of the card? IDK), and 2, the dip in price will sacrifice the quality of the product. Both are made of aluminum. So, what I'm asking is does anyone here have any experience with Bykski products? From what I've heard Mnpctech is well-trusted and I know they make good stuff.

- Thanks

Hi, and welcome to the form.

I don't think you can go wrong with either option. If you like the look of the cheaper one it seems like a pretty straightforward choice. Depending on where you order it from you can always return it if it doesn't work or is poor quality. Even though it's shorter it still supports the GPU 75 percent of the way, which is sufficient for it's intended use.

Looks like that card comes with a support bracket. Based on quick Amazon search the reviews on it's effectiveness is mixed. Either way, you may just want to see how bad the sag actually is once you get everything built, then add a different support bracket if necessary. Unless you're also going for looks with it, then have at it!

Be sure to QUOTE or TAG me in your reply so I see it!

CPU Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra MOBO Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming RAM Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz CL16 32 GB PSU Corsair RM1000x COOLING Noctua NH-D15

and... Mnpctech is member of this forum, ...and you can use my discount voucher code for 15% off. Enter MNFAN at check out 🙂

Stay Safe and Smart out there guys! 

17 years of helping you void your warranty