Can't forward FTP Server

YouDontHaveToKnow

Hello i'm using IIS on WIn10 to setup an FTP server for me nad some friends.I can get it to work inside of tel lan but not on the outside.The problem is i followed EVERY tutorial on the topic and none of them worked.I tried other forums na d no one could help me.Please if there is any smart person here please help me i don't know what to do.I would be really grateful if someone could assist me over Discord or somethin.Please I DON'T WANT/NEED TO SCAM YOU i just want your help

You need to open port 21 on your firewall to the internet. If the machine is behind a router, then you need to forward that port from the router to the Windows machine. Your friends also need to know your external IP address, unless you have some form on dynamic DNS name.

Just be aware that FTP isn't the best in terms of security. You probably want to use FTPS (not to be confused with SFTP, which is secure file transfer over SSH)

It's also possible your ISP is blocking that port, since they usually don't want people hosting files on a non-commercial account and to protect their customers against accidentally exposing stuff to the internet.

Remember to either quote or @mention others, so they are notified of your reply

I heve A ddns(noip),also i think they are not cause i tried it on another port and also nothing,after i set it up i plan on makin a cerf using lets encrpty.This is the error message from file explorer i got:

Screenshot (80).png

If you can you should really use SFTP here. Linux has a lot of options for how you can set this up but I don't know if you can dedicate this machine to that. You might be able to run it in a Virtual Machine. Should go easier than trying to figure out Port 21/FTP.

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

If you can you should really use SFTP here. Linux has a lot of options for how you can set this up but I don't know if you can dedicate this machine to that. You might be able to run it in a Virtual Machine. Should go easier than trying to figure out Port 21/FTP.

I think Windows 10 should actually support that natively now: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/openssh/openssh_install_firstuse

1 minute ago, Windows7ge said:

F**k it then...I will have to try that.Does the file explorer have abilty to connect to sftp servers?

1 minute ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

F**k it then...I will have to try that.Does the file explorer have abilty to connect to sftp servers?

Don't think so, but you can use PuTTY to log in and e.g. WinSCP for file transfer.

2 minutes ago, Eigenvektor said:

I think Windows 10 should actually support that natively now: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/openssh/openssh_install_firstuse

If it supports OpenSSH natively then he can give it a shot if Windows is what he's more comfortable with.

I'd also recommend Public/Private key authentication and not using Port 22 but a random public port >30,000 that isn't being used by any known services.

3 minutes ago, YouDontHaveToKnow said:

Don't believe so. PuTTY and WinSCP would be your best options. FileZilla may also be an option.