No components in PC reaching full usage

Electric_Spark

My Specs

So every since I got upgraded my gpu and ram (1060 6GB to 2060 Super and 8 gbs DDR4 3000mhz to 16gbs DDR4 3200mhz), I have noticed that none of my components have been hitting 100% usage in task manager, and nothing above 40%. Even when I'm gaming, where previously my ram would always hover around 95% usage, nothing goes above 40%, and yet I may be getting only 70 fps where my frame cap is 144. I'm struggling to find a bottleneck in my system, as I also just upgraded my psu. Could my components be running too hot? 

Check your single core utilization. That is generally the bottleneck with ryzen 2000 series. 

5 minutes ago, Electric_Spark said:

My Specs

So every since I got upgraded my gpu and ram (1060 6GB to 2060 Super and 8 gbs DDR4 3000mhz to 16gbs DDR4 3200mhz), I have noticed that none of my components have been hitting 100% usage in task manager, and nothing above 40%. Even when I'm gaming, where previously my ram would always hover around 95% usage, nothing goes above 40%, and yet I may be getting only 70 fps where my frame cap is 144. I'm struggling to find a bottleneck in my system, as I also just upgraded my psu. Could my components be running too hot? 

I would check temperatures. Download a program like HWmonitor to see temps. if anything goes above 85C, it's slightly worrying.

RAM specifically is no issue: it only uses as much as it needs to. If your games need 10GB RAM and you have 256GB, only 10 will be used. You only run into performance problems when there's not enough. no performance gain if you have extra.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

Just now, Sorenson said:

Check your single core utilization. That is generally the bottleneck with ryzen 2000 series. 

How would I check that/fix?

To check it I use MSI afterburner. To fix it you can try overclocking, reducing cpu demanding settings and increasing GPU demanding settings in game, or buying a cpu with better single core performance. 

4 minutes ago, RadiatingLight said:

I would check temperatures. Download a program like HWmonitor to see temps. if anything goes above 85C, it's slightly worrying.

RAM specifically is no issue: it only uses as much as it needs to. If your games need 10GB RAM and you have 256GB, only 10 will be used. You only run into performance problems when there's not enough. no performance gain if you have extra.

All components are around 35 C degrees with no load, thanks for the tip I'll keep an eye on that when I start gaming

2 minutes ago, Sorenson said:

To check it I use MSI afterburner. To fix it you can try overclocking, reducing cpu demanding settings and increasing GPU demanding settings in game, or buying a cpu with better single core performance. 

Ok I'll look into that thanks