What drivers should I be installing?

Veleos

So I'm planning to build a PC, but it would seem that specific parts need sets of drivers to function? and I can't find much about installing drivers; it's all about building the PC itself, installing windows, or orienting the XMP.  So, for a build with these parts, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Veleos/saved/#view=YcgPVn , what drivers should I install? (Also includes drivers not specific to these parts)

Partlist is private. 

install windows, most parts have some drivers that works. 

go to hardware vendor I.e. mainboard vendor install all drivers. 

if you plan to use NVME as main boot drive, download harddisk controller drivers for the mainboard you buy, to use during the installation, get the network drivers when you first are there, the rest you can get after install is complete. 

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

Partlist is private. 

install windows, most parts have some drivers that works. 

go to hardware vendor I.e. mainboard vendor install all drivers. 

if you plan to use NVME as main boot drive, download harddisk controller drivers for the mainboard you buy, to use during the installation, get the network drivers when you first are there, the rest you can get after install is complete. 

sorry about the privatizing; never bothered to undo that. can you take a look and tell me now?

also sorry if this is a noob question; never built a pc before.

1 minute ago, Cvet76 said:

Permission denied. Can't look at the build.
You should definitely install all the drivers for your MB, GPU display drivers and any LED controllers or Keyboard/mouse if you have higher end peripherals that may enable you macro buttons or LED lighting patterns. Read the MB manual before you begin building the PC.

sorry about that, can you take another look?

oh. get the latest bios file on a separate usb drive... you will probably need to upgrade it to be able to boot the system. 

Just now, Cvet76 said:

Looks good. Rochill's and my own comment still stand in addition to the BIOS upgrade. Be careful doing this, though, and follow instructions.

2 minutes ago, Robchil said:

oh. get the latest bios file on a separate usb drive... you will probably need to upgrade it to be able to boot the system. 

I looked up a list of cpus compatible with the mobo and ryzen 9 was supported

Just now, Veleos said:

supported yes, with a certain bios version installed, and there is no guarantee your mainboard has the latest installed. 

1 minute ago, Robchil said:

supported yes, with a certain bios version installed, and there is no guarantee your mainboard has the latest installed. 

i see. can you link a video or an article detailing how to upgrade the UEFI?

7 minutes ago, Veleos said:

So I'm planning to build a PC, but it would seem that specific parts need sets of drivers to function? and I can't find much about installing drivers; it's all about building the PC itself, installing windows, or orienting the XMP.  So, for a build with these parts, https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Veleos/saved/#view=YcgPVn , what drivers should I install? (Also includes drivers not specific to these parts)

First off, welcome to the forum! :D 

So there are two types drivers you need to think about here: "DriverStore" (AKA included windows' included) drivers are designed to get any hardware you have to work, even if it's not the ideal driver for that hardware. These will usually include things like the "Microsoft basic display adapter Driver", Microsoft E1000 or RealTek ethernet adapter, Audio drivers, and basic sata drivers (for reading storage). You will usually want to replace most of these (the exception usually being the audio and network driver as those are fairly standardized nowadays).

The second type are add-in drivers. These are specific drivers for your motherboard chipset, Graphics card, and any other add-in cards or devices you may install. 

For example, your motherboard chipset drivers can be found here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/ this includes drivers for your network adapter (LAN), built-in sound chip, and SATA drivers. 

You will also want to install your Graphics card driver from nvidia's website, as that will enable 3D accelerated and hardware accelerated games.

Link: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx

1 minute ago, Veleos said:

It's "supported" but you will most likely need a bios upgrade. Check the link below and look at the first BIOS that supports the R9 3900X.  

https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/

Version 2301 is the first version that supports it, and it most likely ships with the factory BIOS of 0207. So you'll need to upgrade it. 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

Asus should be shipping boards with a BIOS that supports 3rd Gen by now, but if not, you will not be able to update it without a supported CPU. 

AMD has a short term loan system in place that you can request a low power CPU to upgrade with here (Bottom of the page)

Read through the other options first though as this can take a while to ship (mine have taken up to two weeks to arrive): https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100

Reference: 

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

If you can buy the motherboard in store go for that, they should be able to flash the latest bios for you in a few minutes

The MSI MAX boards don't need a bios update. They work out of the box with the 3000 series cpu's.

What is the pc for ? Looks unbalanced if for gaming.