PC Questions about CPU

Hey everyone i am gonna get some new parts for my pc RAM processor and motherboard etc. I have a gtx 10606gb and 24 gb ram and as i said i need a new cpu which one do you recommend i am going to be gaming and want best possible performance. 

Which one do you recommend and why i was thinking of the I7 9700k but i want max performance as my gpu isnt the best i also have 240hz so need the fps in some fast paced games like fortnite csgo and other. But i also want good fps in games like tomb raider at max settings or even star wars fallen order!

Thanks!

The 9700K is a bit overkill for a 1060. Get something like the i5 9600 is you want to stick with intel or the 3600 for AMD.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I’d wait to see what 10th gen Intel has in store as single core performance is rumored to be incredible on those chips

Ryzen 5 2600 non "x". When you play games you will be GPU bound AF.

17 minutes ago, Quadrum said:

I’d wait to see what 10th gen Intel has in store as single core performance is rumored to be incredible on those chips

10tg gen is a 9tg gen refresh confirmed for desktop. No single core speed increase whatsoever.

22 minutes ago, Nicomonster said:

Hey everyone i am gonna get some new parts for my pc RAM processor and motherboard etc. I have a gtx 10606gb and 24 gb ram and as i said i need a new cpu which one do you recommend i am going to be gaming and want best possible performance. 

Which one do you recommend and why i was thinking of the I7 9700k but i want max performance as my gpu isnt the best i also have 240hz so need the fps in some fast paced games like fortnite csgo and other. But i also want good fps in games like tomb raider at max settings or even star wars fallen order!

Thanks!

Ryzen 5 3600 is by far the best option for you. Affordable, comes with a decent cooler and it's almost as powerful as the 9700K in single and multicore scenarios. Not to mention to QMD CPU runs much cooler, uses far less power and isn't affected by dozen intel security issues that keep appearing every day now

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

10tg gen is a 9tg gen refresh confirmed for desktop. No single core speed increase whatsoever.

Some of the mobile chips leaked running at 5.3gHz. Single core increases are happening and they will be drastic.

4 minutes ago, 5x5 said:

Ryzen 5 3600 is by far the best option for you. Affordable, comes with a decent cooler and it's almost as powerful as the 9700K in single and multicore scenarios. Not to mention to QMD CPU runs much cooler, uses far less power and isn't affected by dozen intel security issues that keep appearing every day now

The only recent Intel security flaw that was found recently requires a lot of technical knowledge and physical access to the system. AMD on the other hand just had a security flax exposed in the L1 cache writing system that can be accessed remotely. Right now amd chips are more vulnerable than Intel.

Just to be clear, the RAM you have and plan to reuse is DDR4, correct?

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

2 hours ago, Quadrum said:

The only recent Intel security flaw that was found recently requires a lot of technical knowledge and physical access to the system. AMD on the other hand just had a security flax exposed in the L1 cache writing system that can be accessed remotely. Right now amd chips are more vulnerable than Intel.

Some of the mobile chips leaked running at 5.3gHz. Single core increases are happening and they will be drastic.

That's a 7% increase for single core mobile. Desktop is not going to be better. You are looking at a minor increase that will come summer. For now, Intel has no good options on the market. There's a reason Mindfactory sales data for the past months show intel selling 5 times less CPUs than AMD

Eeerrm, no? That's entirely false. There are over 10 ways to attack an Intel CPU and one way to attack an AMD one. How exactly is that more secure?

Edit: not to mention half of the intel issues require you to disable parts of the CPUs functions and abilities. It's a much worse situation on the Lake coast

Yeah i am thinking of getting the i5 9600k and upgrade my graphics card with the leftovers of my money?

Edit: I am thinking of getting a ryzen 3600 with rtx 2060 super thoughts?

41 minutes ago, Nicomonster said:

Edit: I am thinking of getting a ryzen 3600 with rtx 2060 super thoughts?

Good combo.

Gaming With a 4:3 CRT

System specs below

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700X with a Noctua NH-U9S cooler 
Motherboard: Gigabyte B450 Aorus M (Because it was cheap)
RAM: 32GB (4 x 8GB) Corsair Vengance LPX 3200Mhz CL16
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Blower Card
HDD: 7200RPM TOSHIBA DT01ACA100 1TB, External HDD: 5400RPM 2TB WD My Passport
SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 evo m.2 nvme
PSU: Corsair CX650M
Displays: ViewSonic VA2012WB LCD 1680x1050p @ 75Hz
Gateway VX920 CRT: 1920x1440@65Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@125Hz
Gateway VX900 CRT: 1920x1440@64Hz, 1600x1200@75Hz, 1200x900@100Hz, 960x720@120Hz (Can be pushed to 175Hz)

Keyboard: Thermaltake eSPORTS MEKA PRO with Cherry MX Red switches

12 hours ago, Nicomonster said:

Thanks!

ryzen 5 2nd gen should do

Blake has arrived!!

Just your local tech geek!

Love to help!

40 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Good combo.

Glad you said that :)

40 minutes ago, MadAnt250 said:

Good combo.

Can u recommend a motherboard for it around 200 bucks? Didnt find any msi motherboards where i live

13 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Might be better value.

A ~$179/229 i5-10600/k (i7-8700k) would be a pretty compelling competitor for a Ryzen 5 3600/x.

The 9600? Not so much

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x

6 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Might be better value.

A ~$179/229 i5-10600/k (i7-8700k) would be a pretty compelling competitor for a Ryzen 5 3600/x.

The 9600? Not so much

Prices leaked by retailers. The 10600K is MSRP at 260$ for, supposedly, a 6/12 CPU with no cooler and high power rating and heat output. Considering the fact that the 10600K will be up against the 4600(X) in a free months, I'd say the i5 makes almost no sense

6 hours ago, Mister Woof said:

Might be better value.

The 9600? Not so much

My mistake, 10600K is 300$, 10600KF is 266$. This is with no VAT btw

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Full-Intel-10th-gen-desktop-CPU-price-list-leaked-online-by-Belgium-retailer.456927.0.html

3 hours ago, 5x5 said:

Prices leaked by retailers. The 10600K is MSRP at 260$ for, supposedly, a 6/12 CPU with no cooler and high power rating and heat output. Considering the fact that the 10600K will be up against the 4600(X) in a free months, I'd say the i5 makes almost no sense

I mean, I've said it before that the 10th gen is too little too late, and if we got that in place of 9th gen, our recommendations could be much less disproportionately AMD.

I haven't seen the price leaks, but I think they're making a mistake by not being aggressive in pricing.

1 hour ago, Mister Woof said:

I mean, I've said it before that the 10th gen is too little too late, and if we got that in place of 9th gen, our recommendations could be much less disproportionately AMD.

I haven't seen the price leaks, but I think they're making a mistake by not being aggressive in pricing.

Price leak is above. Prices are absurd and intel will take a hit in sales.

1 minute ago, 5x5 said:

Price leak is above. Prices are absurd and intel will take a hit in sales.

Meant to say hadn't; they're playing this as well as USA is handling covid19

17 hours ago, Nicomonster said:

Can u recommend a motherboard for it around 200 bucks? Didnt find any msi motherboards where i live

My personal preference has always been ASUS boards. I've used them in my last 3 systems and have always had excellent reliability and long term use out of them. I'm still using my 10 year old system as a management server for my home network as well as remote management for a couple friends/family members.

That system has an ASUS M4A-87TD/USB3 board where as my current build has an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero. Everyone has their preference, and there's a lot of good boards out there. The biggest thing I would suggest is to figure out what you have to plug into it currently and make sure it has enough expansion to accommodate any future upgrades you might have in mind.

16 hours ago, Spyder1384 said:

My personal preference has always been ASUS boards. I've used them in my last 3 systems and have always had excellent reliability and long term use out of them. I'm still using my 10 year old system as a management server for my home network as well as remote management for a couple friends/family members.

That system has an ASUS M4A-87TD/USB3 board where as my current build has an ASUS Crosshair VI Hero. Everyone has their preference, and there's a lot of good boards out there. The biggest thing I would suggest is to figure out what you have to plug into it currently and make sure it has enough expansion to accommodate any future upgrades you might have in mind.

Thanks ill look into it