Attention: Unsupported Video configuration detected

UnbiasedTZL

Hi,the last few weeks,I have been trying to fix this problem that has in the end made me reach out to the community to help me,I was trying to add a gtx 1050ti mini zotac in my Dell optiplex 390.Which I found online should work,but in the end after a few weeks,it eventually given up on me.

(I don't think it should be actually be put in an Ancient Dell but ok)

Here are the specs

Core i3-2100

WD green ssd

450 watts powerlogic psu (never heard of this brand before)

4gb ram ddr3 (single stick)

And finally,the gtx 1050ti mini that's potentially causing me problems.

15836701996372926181734537069005.thumb.jpg.34993394cc690471c99c920f940ea2ca.jpgHeres the error that I'm talking Abt

This forum was my last straw,I really hope someone could help me,thanks alot

(And also feel free to ask me more about the computer)

this might be an easy fix or might be expensive. I can not say for sure as I am the king of noobs when it comes to building computers but I do know enough that maybe you didn't ground yourself when installing it and that fried something that just failed. or more easily that all you have to do is get a new display port cable or HDMI and use it that way.

go with the easy option for now, follow the instructions its giving you and see if that works. you might also have to reinstall the drivers. then go with the slight increase in price (if you don't have one) and buy a new display port or HDMI cable. and then if not I don't know as I don't want to tell you that you might have to replace something that yo don't have to.

Edited by tdkid

On 3/8/2020 at 8:48 PM, tdkid said:

this might be an easy fix or might be expensive. I can not say for sure as I am the king of noobs when it comes to building computers but I do know enough that maybe you didn't ground yourself when installing it and that fried something that just failed. or more easily that all you have to do is get a new display port cable or HDMI and use it that way.

go with the easy option for now, follow the instructions its giving you and see if that works. you might also have to reinstall the drivers. then go with the slight increase in price (if you don't have one) and buy a new display port or HDMI cable. and then if not I don't know as I don't want to tell you that you might have to replace something that yo don't have to.

I'mma go try and buy a HDMI to dvi converter if possible,if it still doesn't work then I rlly don't know what to do ;-;

On 3/8/2020 at 8:52 PM, TrigrH said:

maybe do what it says? and remove the monitor from the motherboard connection.

Tried that,didn't work.

So you have no monitor connected to the motherboard, only to the graphics card?

Try a CMOS reset.

On 3/8/2020 at 1:48 PM, tdkid said:

Nothing in this post seems to make any sense in the situation.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

5 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

So you have no monitor connected to the motherboard, only to the graphics card?

Try a CMOS reset.

Nothing in this post seems to make any sense in the situation.

read the first post and then read my comment. I am trying to help the poster figure out what the problem is just like everyone else. and how? please tell me how an error message pops up on screen saying "X issue has happened please try X to resolve the issue"

As mentioned, nothing in your comment applies to the situation. 

you might also have to reinstall the drivers.

No drivers involved, he's in the BIOS.

buy a new display port or HDMI cable

There's nothing in here about a cable. The BIOS is seeing a monitor plugged where it doesn't want one.

if not I don't know

I am the king of noobs

Maybe refrain from trying to help if you have no idea of what you're talking about. Bad advice hurts more than no advice.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

* thread cleaned *

If you're not familiar with an issue, don't reply, for the others, keep focused on helping the OP.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

• 2 weeks later...

Well I just plugged my HDMI cable into the motherboard then the error appears

If I try to use the graphics card as the output(plugging the HDMI cable in the graphics card output),it fails to output and just shows an plain black screen.

• 2 weeks later...

Idk,I think it is my computer being dumb or my graphics card being dumb,I'll bring the graphics card to warranty repair service