"Portable" Case Suggestions?

Fatty 227

For work I'm building a mobile video editing station. The part I've been struggling with is finding a...relatively small case that can travel.

I've been able to find a few really great cases for Mini ITX, but not for Micro ATX.

Here are my requirements:

1. Relatively small/portable
  2. Micro ATX compatible (I need to have one additional PCI card in addition to the GPU)
  3. Space for a full size graphics card

Anyone have suggestions for a good case?

22 minutes ago, Den-Fi said:

idk how well portable and mATX go together.

Yeah thus me saying "Portable" haha. Really what this means is I want to be able to put it in a suitcase and fly with it without too much drama.

Yeah that case looks great! Definitely on the pricy side, but just that sort of thing.

Just now, Fatty 227 said:

Yeah thus me saying "Portable" haha. Really what this means is I want to be able to put it in a suitcase and fly with it without too much drama.

Yeah that case looks great! Definitely on the pricy side, but just that sort of thing.

Yeah. Compact/SFF cases are pretty niche, so you only have boutique case companies who manufacture in relatively low volume, so cast is high.

The sliger cerberus is probably your best best for as small as possible mATX while being good build quality and good airflow potential. 

A cheaper and larger option would be the Silverstone PS15, it's notably a lot wider since it has full height CPU cooler support though.

ps15-rgb-inside-left.jpg

There's also the Q300L, but having worked with that case personally in RGB Build log 2016 (signature) I'd probably lean toward the PS15 if I do another mATX build (which could very likely happen)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

Thanks for all the suggestions! Since this is going to be a "travel" case I'm going to steer clear of tempered glass. It looks like although pricey, the cerberus is the perfect intersection of size and durability. Guess I'll just have to swallow it haha. Beggars can't be choosers