What's a good upgrade from a Galaxy S8?

CarsonFromTV

I've been in need of a new phone recently, and honestly, I'm lost on what phone would be a good upgrade for me to get.

I've been considering the Google pixel 4, Galaxy Note/S 10, or maybe the oneplus 7 pro.

I would like to keep wireless charging (I know the 7 pro doesn't support it), but it isn't the end of the world, I would also like a good camera, as I've been finding myself taking more and more pictures recently, but hate the camera on the s8.

So any recommendations?

24 minutes ago, TrueAzurock said:

I've been in need of a new phone recently, and honestly, I'm lost on what phone would be a good upgrade for me to get.

I've been considering the Google pixel 4, Galaxy Note/S 10, or maybe the oneplus 7 pro.

I would like to keep wireless charging (I know the 7 pro doesn't support it), but it isn't the end of the world, I would also like a good camera, as I've been finding myself taking more and more pictures recently, but hate the camera on the s8.

So any recommendations?

Each phone has their pros and cons. The Pixel 4 boasts very close to stock Android, and gesture features, etc but at the same time has a very small capacity battery compared to 2020 standards and has a thick bezel. The Galaxy S10 has already been replaced by the Galaxy S20 series, which has a newer and faster chipset, etc. Also unless you urgently need a new phone, OnePlus is apparently going to launch the OnePlus 8 series next month. Also the OnePlus 7 Pro has already been replaced by the OnePlus 7T Pro which is going to be replaced by the OnePlus 8 series soon.

I would strongly suggest staying away from the regular Pixel 4 if your priority is battery life as it has a very small battery (2,850mAh) whereas most phones including budget phones have atleast 4000mAh, if not 5000mAh batteries.The Pixel 4XL does have a bigger 3,700mAh battery, however both phones have thick top bezels to house the radar detector or whatever Google put in there.

PC Specs:Custom Built PC

CPU:AMD Ryzen 3 1200 GPU:Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 TI Mini RAM:Corsair Vengence 2400 MHz DDR4 Motherboard:ASUS Prime B350M-A AM4 Motherboard Case:Corsair 100R PSU:Corsair VS450 

Laptop Specs:Acer TravelMate 8472

CPU:Intel Core i5 560M Memory:2GB DDR3 CPU:Intel HD Graphics Case:Its a Laptop Motherboard:Laptop Motherboard

If you switch to Sprint you can trade in you s8 free and get an s20, but I don't know how Sprint is in your area and I would look at store reviews as the one closest to use always tries to screw us over.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

For the choices you have, I'd go with the Note10. Great device, significantly better battery life than the S10, plus it has the stylus and wireless charging.

If you don't mind waiting, the OnePlus 8 might be worth considering. It'll have a higher refresh rate screen, excellent battery life, etc.

I wouldn't get a Pixel. They're pretty blah honestly.

Do not get the OnePlus 7. It has abysmal battery life. The 7T Pro is significantly better.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, TrueAzurock said:

So any recommendations?

What are your main priorities here? So j can recommend you something better for you. You want a good camera and?

Any price? From the list above i would go with the note 10

On 3/5/2020 at 1:44 PM, TrueAzurock said:

So any recommendations?

I've been using Samsung Galaxy for several years and three models over the time..Over time I felt they do not perform well when time passes and hardly used one model for two years. Currently, I'm thinking of switching to Xiaomi or Huawei though the model is not still defined.

I've been using OnePlus, Xiaomi, and CAT for years. The OnePlus 7 is a good deal if you don't want anything flashy, but you still want flagship specs. The Pocophone F1 is good for battery, but comes with Facebook preinstalled, last I checked. The CAT S61 is good if you need a thermal camera that actually works.

i would consider the Oneplus 7T over the 7.
price difference should be very minimal, but if i'm correct, the 7T has several benefits:

- 90 Hz (100% sure it has that)

- 33% bigger fingerprint sensor (OP 7 Pro had this, OP7 not. The -T Models both got that)

- Better Vibration motor (OP 7 Pro had a really good one, previous ones and the 7 had the crapshit one)

- 30w instead of 20w charging

- 12MP telephoto Camera instead 5MP + an additional Super-Wideangle

But maybe wait for the Oneplus 8.

1 hour ago, Darkseth said:

i would consider the Oneplus 7T over the 7.
price difference should be very minimal, but if i'm correct, the 7T has several benefits:

- 90 Hz (100% sure it has that)

- 33% bigger fingerprint sensor (OP 7 Pro had this, OP7 not. The -T Models both got that)

- Better Vibration motor (OP 7 Pro had a really good one, previous ones and the 7 had the crapshit one)

- 30w instead of 20w charging

- 12MP telephoto Camera instead 5MP + an additional Super-Wideangle

But maybe wait for the Oneplus 8.

The 7T has worse durability due to the camera design. The OnePlus 7 has the same size of fingerprint sensor as the Pro. I do agree that they should maybe wait until the 8, but prices will be less for the 7 series.