ES121 Screwdriver custom firmware?

So, I work in phone repair and a while back splurged on an ES121 electric screwdriver. The thing is a beast, cannot recommend it enough if you can overlook the price tag.

One of the advertised features of the screwdriver is that it's open source and can run whatever firmware the community comes up with.. If there were much of a community..

Tetris ROM is a fun gimmick for a few minutes and updating to enable P mode is super useful, But that's about it. One single 3rd party ROM. I can't find much information on this at all, Especially none in English.

It's a great product, Just know what you're buying info before picking one up.

Info on this product is extremely sparse so I'll attach every ROM all 2 of them I've personally tested that work for preservations sake.

mini dso.zip

3 hours ago, FlpDaMattress said:

So, I work in phone repair and a while back splurged on an ES121 electric screwdriver. The thing is a beast, cannot recommend it enough if you can overlook the price tag

I've been eyeing getting one myself for a long time now, but so far I haven't been able to overlook the price-tag on it. I do quite a lot of hobby-electronics and the ES121 would fit perfectly for my needs, it's just unfortunate that it's so expensive.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

On 3/5/2020 at 12:53 AM, WereCatf said:

I've been eyeing getting one myself for a long time now, but so far I haven't been able to overlook the price-tag on it. I do quite a lot of hobby-electronics and the ES121 would fit perfectly for my needs, it's just unfortunate that it's so expensive.

My first unit had a faulty battery that would just force shut down when you used any torque modes, Amazon shipped me a replacement and it seems to be good for now. For general hobby stuff you're probably better off with a wowstick F1. But if you work in the industry it's 100% worth it's weight in gold.

edit: that last sentence is a lie. keep reading the thread

• 7 months later...

Ok, I'm confused about this screwdriver.  I bought one from Banggood and it had gearing problems and would instantly shut down. Didn't even need torque. It would spin for a half-second, then stop.

They sent a replacement which works, but... any torque on the thing and the unit just stops.  I have to basically manually loosen or tighten the screws, then I can use the 'power' mode to get them the rest of the way out.  I mean you can stop this thing with your fingers pinching it!  Yes, I played with all the torque settings.  Yes, I even updated to the newer firmware that had 1-4 and A and P as well.  All of them I can easily stop.

In contrast, I bought the WowStick for one quarter the price, and that thing has torque to spare! What am I missing?!

I mean getting one bad unit is one thing, but two??!

Is anyone else seeing poor torque response from this thing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 3:37 PM, Mark A. Donohoe said:

Ok, I'm confused about this screwdriver.  I bought one from Banggood and it had gearing problems and would instantly shut down. Didn't even need torque. It would spin for a half-second, then stop.

They sent a replacement which works, but... any torque on the thing and the unit just stops.  I have to basically manually loosen or tighten the screws, then I can use the 'power' mode to get them the rest of the way out.  I mean you can stop this thing with your fingers pinching it!  Yes, I played with all the torque settings.  Yes, I even updated to the newer firmware that had 1-4 and A and P as well.  All of them I can easily stop.

In contrast, I bought the WowStick for one quarter the price, and that thing has torque to spare! What am I missing?!

I mean getting one bad unit is one thing, but two??!

Is anyone else seeing poor torque response from this thing?

My first unit would die if I used it to tighten anything, wouldn't turn back on without plugging the micro USB back in every damn time. Fought with Amazon to return it and ultimately got a replacement which bound up and seized 10 minutes after unboxing. Fought with Amazon again and got a full refund. This is about on par with MiniDSO. most of what they make is cheap trash. Wowstick F1 as mentioned by @ColinLTT is light years ahead of the ES121. The motion controls are just a gimmick, I'll take a more ergonomically placed button any day.I'd recommend returning it as soon as you can before your replacement fails on you as well.