cmake and boost bouta give me an aneurysm

Nineballo
Go to solution Solved by LateLesley,

Ummm, maybe this topic might be helpful? There seems to be a pretty detailed answer in there.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18354398/is-it-possible-to-build-boost-with-cmake

I've been trying for the last week to figure this thing out, the furthest i came was this attempt, but even this had trouble linking correctly,unknown.png?width=567&height=390

I'm rather new to cmake/c++ so this is all a little new to me, it you could help me out it would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time ahead of time!

Spoiler

CPU: 5800x

GPU: 1070ti

HDD: Seagate 3TB
SSD: 1TB WD NVME

RAM: 32GB ddr4 3200

HEADPHONES: DT990 pro 250ohm limited edition black

MONITER: BenQ xl2536

CASE: s340 elite hyperbeast

KEYBOARD: nk87- zilent switches

MOUSE: G403 Hero

Ok, So I did some googling, and found a link in chinese Detailing a similar problem for "libboost_system-vc100-mt-gd-1_64.lib"

the solution was :-

"

The solution is as follows:

1. First run the bootstrap.bat file in the ? \ boost_1_64_0 directory. The file b2.exe is generated in this directory.

2. Execute b2.exe file to generate / stage / lib in the current directory

3. Add the generated lib file to the project file.

Two points:

1.Project-> Properties-> C / C ++-> General-> Add your Boost directory to Additional Include Derectories

2.Project-> Properties-> Linker-> General-- > Added <boost> / stage / lib to Additional Library Derectories
————————————————
版权声明:本文为CSDN博主「Cche1」的原创文章,遵循 CC 4.0 BY-SA 版权协议,转载请附上原文出处链接及本声明。
原文链接:https://blog.csdn.net/qq_27923041/article/details/76154782"

So I would be tempted to try similar except substituting your boost version into the commands.

***EDIT***

Scratch that - I found one with the regex problem.

"

VS2013 encountered the problem of unable to open libboost_regex-vc120-mt-sgd-1_62.lib using boostregex
  Through the Boost library, regular expressions can be used in C ++ projects. After the environment is configured, the linking process appears with an "Unable to open libboost_regex-vc120-mt-sgd-1_62.lib" error. The
  reason is that according to the official method of generating lib, libboost_regex- vc120-mt-sgd-1_62.lib, you need to generate this static library yourself.

solution
Take my local environment as an example:
run cmd in the directory ? \ boost_1_62_0 extracted by Boost, enter and execute the command:
bjam stage --toolset=msvc-12.0 --stagedir="D:\boost" link=static runtime-link=static threading=multi debug release
The "D: \ boost" directory can be specified and used to store the generated lib files.

After the execution, add the directory "D: \ boost \ lib" where lib is stored to the library directory that the project depends on

Project Properties-> Configuration Properties-> C / C ++-> Code Generation-> Runtime is set to multi-threaded debugging (/ MTd)
according to libboost_regex-vc120-mt-sgd-1_62.lib file name mt means multi-threaded s means static d means debug
————————————————
版权声明:本文为CSDN博主「eagyne」的原创文章,遵循 CC 4.0 BY-SA 版权协议,转载请附上原文出处链接及本声明。
原文链接:https://blog.csdn.net/eagyne/article/details/53184441"

This works but I need to figure out a way to do this with with cmake due to my other dependencies relying on it.

Spoiler

CPU: 5800x

GPU: 1070ti

HDD: Seagate 3TB
SSD: 1TB WD NVME

RAM: 32GB ddr4 3200

HEADPHONES: DT990 pro 250ohm limited edition black

MONITER: BenQ xl2536

CASE: s340 elite hyperbeast

KEYBOARD: nk87- zilent switches

MOUSE: G403 Hero

thanks, ima give it a try