Powercolor 5700 XT

IconxDestiny

Hello LTT! I am looking to purchase a 5700 XT  this week and am having a hard time deciding between two. I'm looking at the Powercolor Red Dragon 5700 xt and Red Devil 5700 xt. The card is going in my Evolv Shift and after measuring it out both should fit. I know the Red Devil is the better overall card, but I am wondering if it is worth the $40 difference in price to performance. There are only one or two reviews of the Red Dragon, but it seems to only come 1-2 FPS behind which is not too significant. I was curious if anyone had these cards and could give some real world experience with them. As of now I'm leaning towards the Red Dragon, but am willing to buy the Red Devil if the performance difference is worth it. Thank you in advance for the help!

I'd look at the temps between the two, not the FPS. Shift is a smol case, the card with the better cooler will have a nicer time in that. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

12 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

I'd look at the temps between the two, not the FPS. Shift is a smol case, the card with the better cooler will have a nicer time in that. 

In terms of temps according to Hardware Unboxed the two trade blows in his 1 hour stress test with the Red Devil being 1-2 degree cooler in overall GPU/GDDR6 temp and the Red Dragon being 5 degrees cooler when it comes to VRM temp

2 minutes ago, IconxDestiny said:

In terms of temps according to Hardware Unboxed the two trade blows in his 1 hour stress test with the Red Devil being 1-2 degree cooler in overall GPU/GDDR6 temp and the Red Dragon being 5 degrees cooler when it comes to VRM temp

I'd go with the devil, unless the VRMs are getting quite hot they're far less of a worry than the core/VRAM. Though that is only a slight difference, so it's up to you if you think that small advantage is worth it or not. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

Have you looked at the sapphire pulse at all? It’s a good looking card and should be cheaper then the red devil 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Here’s a link to the hardware unboxed video. That’s what made me get the pulse card 

https://youtu.be/3NmExnu-j2s

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

4 hours ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

Have you looked at the sapphire pulse at all? It’s a good looking card and should be cheaper then the red devil 

I have looked at the pulse. It seems to be a great card, but the design clashes with my build and is unfortunately the reason I am not considering it. The updated Evoke OC just went on sale for $379 + a $30 mail in rebate so I am considering this card now as well.

1 hour ago, IconxDestiny said:

I have looked at the pulse. It seems to be a great card, but the design clashes with my build and is unfortunately the reason I am not considering it. The updated Evoke OC just went on sale for $379 + a $30 mail in rebate so I am considering this card now as well.

I get it, my build is black and red so it doesn't clash

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x