First build (day 2! new post, new section) (I need help)

8 hours ago, ZzLy said:

Changed the CPU, RAM, GPU, and although the CX550 is fine, you don't really need it. 450 watts will be enough so I changed it to a VS450. Also I see the ryzen 2600 is listed for 160$ here, but that is kind of overprices. You should be able to get it for 120 or 130 on sites liek Amazon of I am correct.

Alright, and just to double check, all this stuff should fully be compatible with each other and work well, with a stable decent amount of performance?

and my mom said I can do $700 budget now, can we focus on monitor and cooling system? or is cooling system not needed?

There was already a thread for this made by me that ended up dying, and this is where it ended.
Anyone mind helping me finish this today or within the next few days?

Don’t worry about an aftermarket cooler at this price point, the included cooler will be fine.

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

5 minutes ago, scuff gang said:

Don’t worry about an aftermarket cooler at this price point, the included cooler will be fine.

thank you, that's cool to know. so should I focus on CPU/GPU upgrade or just go for a cooling system?

and just to triple check, the "CPU" is a CPU/GPU combination. correct? I think I know that AMD is known for this, but again, gotta triple check

The system looks good. Like scuff gang said, the included cooler should be good. If you want to, you can get a better card like a gtx 1660 (6 instead of 8 gb though) instead of the radeon rx 580. I have had better luck with nvidia cards, with reliability and performance. Also you can go to www.pcpartpicker.com to check with compatibility. It will tell you when something will not work well. 

You can change up a couple things and save enough money to get a much better GPU. The stock cooler that comes with the 2600 is perfectly adequate. Don't know what retailer is selling the 2600 for that much, sort by the lowest price. The Pro4 motherboard is a decent little budget board and is more than capable to run the 2600, TeamGroup is  a decent brand and I haven't had an issue with their SSDs so getting it for a couple bucks less than the Adata isn't a bad deal, the VS power supplies are pretty bad, I wouldn't use one, you can get a evga 500w bronze unit for less than the VS 450w.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

@SpookyCitrus I think he needs peripherals included in that price

AMD blackout rig

cpu: ryzen 5 3600 @4.4ghz @1.35v

gpu: rx5700xt 2200mhz

ram: vengeance lpx c15 3200mhz

mobo: gigabyte b550 auros pro 

psu: cooler master mwe 650w

case: masterbox mbx520

fans:Noctua industrial 3000rpm x6

Better PSU, faster Ram, cheaper.

Do you need keyboard, mouse and monitor within that budget or just monitor that's missing?

Edit: Since you just mentioned cooling system and monitor, I assume you don't need peripherals. This is as low as I would go including monitor.If you have $10 spare then get the PSU from above.

I did consult the corresponding tier lists for this one, but overall I'm not too experienced when it comes to these very low budget builds, so if any component is in fact dangerous and absolutely advised against, then please let me; and more importantly OP; know.

Edited by ShinRamen
Reduced price even more for 2nd build and included monitor.

58 minutes ago, FirstTimePCBuilding said:

Alright, and just to double check, all this stuff should fully be compatible with each other and work well, with a stable decent amount of performance?

and my mom said I can do $700 budget now, can we focus on monitor and cooling system? or is cooling system not needed?

There was already a thread for this made by me that ended up dying, and this is where it ended.
Anyone mind helping me finish this today or within the next few days?

Everything should work yes. Cooling is fine as it is, best you can do is buy a batter case that either looks cool or has good airflow, and perhaps add a harddrive. 

1 minute ago, ZzLy said:

Everything should work yes. Cooling is fine as it is, best you can do is buy a batter case that either looks cool or has good airflow, and perhaps add a harddrive. 

any recommended monitors? I found an asus $159.99 with 16:9 (1080p resolution) and 14 pounds weight, 27 inch screen. 

I can link it from amazon.
but that goes over my budget so i'm thinkin maybe a 24 inch would work for me

Just now, FirstTimePCBuilding said:

any recommended monitors? I found an asus $159.99 with 16:9 (1080p resolution) and 14 pounds weight, 27 inch screen. 

I can link it from amazon.
but that goes over my budget so i'm thinkin maybe a 24 inch would work for me

160 usd seems a bit much for a 1080p panel. 27 inch could be fine, but it depends on how big your desk is etc.

oh btw it was a 60 Hz refresh rate. forgot to mention that.

I haven't got any desk yet, still looking to finish the outlay of the PC before getting an actual desk.

I want 24 inch or more, 60 Hz or more, 1080p (for a monitor)

4 hours ago, ShinRamen said:

Better PSU, faster Ram, cheaper.

Do you need keyboard, mouse and monitor within that budget or just monitor that's missing?

Edit: Since you just mentioned cooling system and monitor, I assume you don't need peripherals. This is as low as I would go including monitor.If you have $10 spare then get the PSU from above.

I did consult the corresponding tier lists for this one, but overall I'm not too experienced when it comes to these very low budget builds, so if any component is in fact dangerous and absolutely advised against, then please let me; and more importantly OP; know.

I like the bottom build's monitor but that video card's too expensive. and I do need a keyboard.

I said this somewhere not sure if you followed it, please make sure it's quiet and not super loud like my laptop. it sounds like an actual fan running at HIGH 24/7 until I turn it off.

other than that, a "worse" video card with more GB and a keyboard, along with a 27" Monitor if possible. as stated above ^

7 minutes ago, FirstTimePCBuilding said:

I like the bottom build's monitor but that video card's too expensive. and I do need a keyboard.

I said this somewhere not sure if you followed it, please make sure it's quiet and not super loud like my laptop. it sounds like an actual fan running at HIGH 24/7 until I turn it off.

other than that, a "worse" video card with more GB and a keyboard, along with a 27" Monitor if possible. as stated above ^

I'd personally advise against a 27" monitor with 1080p - pixel density isn't just that good at that size, 24" looks much crisper.

What do you mean the video card is too expensive? You could shave off $35 by going with an 1600 AF, keep the 1660 Super and get a keyboard for $35 (This one for example). The 1600AF and 2600 perform very closely to each other.

If you insist on a worse video card with 'with more GB' then this one is a good pick

2 minutes ago, ShinRamen said:

I'd personally advise against a 27" monitor with 1080p - pixel density isn't just that good at that size, 24" looks much crisper.

What do you mean the video card is too expensive? You could shave off $35 by going with an 1600 AF, keep the 1660 Super and get a keyboard for $35 (This one for example). The 1600AF and 2600 perform very closely to each other.

If you insist on a worse video card with 'with more GB' then this one is a good pick

keyboard looks slick, but $700 itself is a stretch that my mom is willing to give me. If I went with the 1600 AF, would it still work good for stable processing power, and performance?