Mustache question

OnionRings

Fellow mustache people, how do you stop your damn mustache from going in your mouth when you eat?

Please Quote me when replying.
CPU
 - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | RAM - 32GB DDR4 4000Mhz | MB - MSI B550 A-PRO | Boot - 2TB NVME 980 Evo Plus | GPU - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3090 24GB

Trim the underside with a good beard trimmer. That or just eat the hair :D

My Folding Stats Join the fight against COVID-19 with FOLDING! 

Aviation Engineer by day,

Game Developer by Night,

IT Engineer for a Hobby,

Husband in between!

Proud creator of EvoCore! 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.retrodex.evocore&hl=en

https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/evocore/id1459714064

On 3/3/2020 at 11:19 AM, OnionRings said:

Fellow mustache people, how do you stop your damn mustache from going in your mouth when you eat?

You got two choices:  trim it or wax it.  This leaves you with the two classic choices.  Brush mustache or wax mustache.  Mustache wax is kind of gross and expensive stuff but there are a bunch of pretty available hair products that work well.  The material you are looking for is actually a tree sap.

There used to be a thing called a mustache cup which was a cup with a bar on it that held your mustache out of your coffee.  The effect is done better by most disposable lids though.

down side of a waxed mustache is they require a lot more care.  Got to mess with them every day.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

much to the dismay of my wife, when mine gets that long i shave it off.  im much too lazy to deal with it

How do Reavers clean their spears?

|Specs in profile|

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

18 minutes ago, Tsuki said:

much to the dismay of my wife, when mine gets that long i shave it off.  im much too lazy to deal with it

This is the sad secret of good mustaches and beards.  They’re not less work than shaving, theyre more work.  There are a couple advantages sometimes.  It can be arranged so that while they require more care they require it less often and a net savings can be accomplished. Sometimes.  It can also be handy if you get razor bumps.  A really good trimmer like an andis t-edger (battery models cannot do the job a full on 110v corded trimmer can.  Beard hair is too thick to cut clean with a cordless.  They’re junk) can effectively do a shave for a partial beard.  The fact that there is a beard makes razor stubble less of a thing.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Note: I got home so I looked at the wax I like:

”fructisis style pure clean”. It’s a hair styling product not a mustache product so it’s a lot cheaper.  Also high quality because it’s just pure tree sap.

4 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

This is the sad secret of good mustaches and beards.  They’re not less work than shaving, theyre more work.  There are a couple advantages sometimes.  It can be arranged so that while they require more care they require it less often and a net savings can be accomplished. Sometimes.  It can also be handy if you get razor bumps.  A really good trimmer like an andis t-edger (battery models cannot do the job a full on 110v corded trimmer can.  Beard hair is too thick to cut clean with a cordless.  They’re junk) can effectively do a shave for a partial beard.  The fact that there is a beard makes razor stubble less of a thing.

Depends.

I wash mine while washing my hair in the shower, then when i get out it takes me like a minute to brush it and add beard oil and beard balm.

Thats a lot less work then shaving every morning.

On 3/4/2020 at 9:59 PM, RonnieOP said:

Depends.

I wash mine while washing my hair in the shower, then when i get out it takes me like a minute to brush it and add beard oil and beard balm.

Thats a lot less work then shaving every morning.

Continues to grow though.  Even waxed mustaches and full beards need to be kept trimmed or you wind up looking wild man.  And when I say “ continue to grow” I mean it.  It can go down to the floor.  If it doesn’t just start breaking off.

19 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Continues to grow though.  Even waxed mustaches and full beards need to be kept trimmed or you wind up looking wild man.  And when I say “ continue to grow” I mean it.  It can go down to the floor.  If it doesn’t just start breaking off.

Yeah. It depends on the person and what they are doing with their facial hair.

I trim my mustache once a week using a trimmer. Takes like 15 seconds. Then ill use the trimmer on my neck at rhe same time and thatll take maybe a minute or two.

Beard wise i dont trim mine. I havent trimmed it in 2 months and probably wont for another 4 months or so.

Take some beard oil or balm and brush it in while your are brushing your hair and your good to go.

Now this all depends on the persons facial hair and what they are going for.

But all of that to me is quicker then shaving clean every morning.

13 minutes ago, RonnieOP said:

Yeah. It depends on the person and what they are doing with their facial hair.

I trim my mustache once a week using a trimmer. Takes like 15 seconds. Then ill use the trimmer on my neck at rhe same time and thatll take maybe a minute or two.

Beard wise i dont trim mine. I havent trimmed it in 2 months and probably wont for another 4 months or so.

Take some beard oil or balm and brush it in while your are brushing your hair and your good to go.

Now this all depends on the persons facial hair and what they are going for.

But all of that to me is quicker then shaving clean every morning.

It depends a lot on the hair the person grows and the type of beard desired.  Shorter beards are more effort than longer ones, and clipped mustaches are easier to deal with than full mustaches.  Me I’ve got a full mustache and a short partial beard so the effort is about the same or maybe a bit more.  It is more effort but less often so it evens out.  The whole shaving thing I think is a bit like having a lawn.  Low cost way to keep the dirt from getting everywhere.  Takes more frequent maintainance but the maintainance requires less thought.

5 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

It depends a lot on the hair the person grows and the type of beard desired.  Shorter beards are more effort than longer ones, and clipped mustaches are easier to deal with than full mustaches.  Me I’ve got a full mustache and a short partial beard so the effort is about the same or maybe a bit more.  It is more effort but less often so it evens out.  The whole shaving thing I think is a bit like having a lawn.  Low cost way to keep the dirt from getting everywhere.  Takes more frequent maintainance but the maintainance requires less thought.

Yeah i cant do shorter beards because the upkeep is just too much.

Having to keep trimming it and shaping it is a nightmare.

On 3/3/2020 at 12:19 PM, OnionRings said:

Trim the fucker. I have a full beard and stash. I trim my stash when It starts to go in to my mouth. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

On 3/3/2020 at 12:19 PM, OnionRings said:

There are a couple of strategies. 

Disclaimer: I grow a full beard. It has a moustache, but I don’t specifically grow just a moustache. 

First, the easiest thing to do is simply keep it trimmed nicely. 

However, if you’re trying to grow the moustache out and keep it longer, you should invest in some moustache wax or beard balm. It’s kind of like hair gel or hair clay, and it’s used for styling and shaping your facial hair. 

I occasionally use beard balm in my beard when it gets longer, because it naturally wants to point to one side (making that side look longer than the other, when they’re actually the same length). 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)