Dual Audio Out for Hearing Impaired Family - Headphones & External Amp

Hi All,

My wife has a fairly substantial hearing impairment and the hearing loss is accelerated by having to strain to hear things like the television or conversations in a loud room.

I bought her a lovely pair of Sennheiser HD 4.50 to watch TV with, and they work really really well, they accommodate her hearing aids really well and allow her to actually enjoy movies. The noise cancellation in the headphones really allows her to listen to audio at comparitively low volume, which helps preserve what remaining hearing she does have.

My only problem is that my old Sony Bravia allowed for two audio outputs, speakers and headphones, and we were both able to watch the movie at the same time.  My new TCL does not have the same functionality.

I have my HTPC (Windows 10) plugged into the TV via a Samsung Q70R soundbar, so am looking for a software solution that will also allow me to have my wife still using the headphones plus keep the soundbar receiving a full signal of Dolby Atmos (I know that it isn't as good as full speaker set-up, but my lounge room is really small).

Or if there is an affordable hardware solution, I would be interested in that also.

Any thoughts/resources/genius hacks that you guys could throw my way?

Yes,  

Bluetooth headset, but HDMI out to soundbar, Bluetooth is possible to the soundbar also, and if you have a guide on doing that in tandem, that would be a great start.

But in a perfect world, I would like to preserve the Dolby Atmos, which is not possible over BT.

Cheers Ian

why?, if she is hearing impared she won't hear the difference will she? 

No but he would on the other connection to the soundbar...

This should help:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

14 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

No but he would on the other connection to the soundbar...

This should help:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/

Thanks man,

I shall have a play around with that and see how it goes.

Cheers Ian