is there a way to add filters to your open mic

KalistoGalaxy

on some games theres an option to have an open mic so you dont have to press a button and can just talk into is there a way to add filters to your mic like in slobs so it doesnt pick up little things like mechanical keyboards or noises fans?

Simply adjust the sensitivity setting until it ignores your background noise, but not your voice.

CPU || Ryzen 2700x @ 4.3ghz  Motherboard || ROG Strix B450F  RAM || 16GB TridentZ 3600 B-Die  GPU || ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti  Case || Thermaltake V71 RGB  Storage || Intel 760p 240GB + Intel 535 480GB SSD + 1TB WD 7200RPM HDD  PSU || Corsair HX850i  Cooling || Corsair H110i GTX  Keyboard || Corsair K70  Mouse || Logitech G502 Proteus  Sound || Bose Companion 5  Operating System || Windows 10 Pro

Just now, Purgent said:

Simply adjust the sensitivity setting until it ignores your background noise, but not your voice.

yeah but how do i do that?

Yes and no you can loop back audio in it bit you can also add filters and stuff like that. if you need some help just let me know.

15 minutes ago, TriggerHapptTH said:

Yes and no you can loop back audio in it bit you can also add filters and stuff like that. if you need some help just let me know.

yes how do i add filters like no fans and no keyboard and quieter voice cause my mic is to loud

1 hour ago, KalistoGalaxy said:

yes how do i add filters like no fans and no keyboard and quieter voice cause my mic is to loud

What mic do you have?

Just now, ShearMe said:

What mic do you have?

like an external USB mic

1 minute ago, KalistoGalaxy said:

like an external USB mic

Yeah but which one? Does it have special drivers?

Just now, ShearMe said:

check out their help video: 

its working its i want to add fitlers to make noise outside of my voice to work on the mic so my open mic doesnt annoy people

1 minute ago, KalistoGalaxy said:

its working its i want to add fitlers to make noise outside of my voice to work on the mic so my open mic doesnt annoy people

Yes... your mic gain/sensitivity is too high and it is picking up more noise than you wish. Follow their instructions to turn down the levels to try to minimize background noises.

There is no magical "filter" to remove background noise. If a game has settings to minimize this it's going to be next to impossible for you to replicate without knowing more about audio processing. Much easier to fix the physical situation.

Just now, ShearMe said:

Yes... your mic gain/sensitivity is too high and it is picking up more noise than you wish. Follow their instructions to turn down the levels to try to minimize background noises.

There is no magical "filter" to remove background noise. If a game has settings to minimize this it's going to be next to impossible for you to replicate without knowing more about audio processing. Much easier to fix the physical situation.

well there are some on slobs that work like noise gate suppression and gain that allows my mic not to pick up keyboard sound and suppress to keep from hearing fan noises

11 minutes ago, KalistoGalaxy said:

well there are some on slobs that work like noise gate suppression and gain that allows my mic not to pick up keyboard sound and suppress to keep from hearing fan noises

I'm just asking you to take it one step at a time. Turn down your sensitivity/volume to see if it improves the situation. We can move on from there.

1 minute ago, ShearMe said:

I'm just asking you to take it one step at a time. Turn down your sensitivity/volume to see if it improves the situation. We can move on from there.

ok i think i figured something out i switched to using my cam mic which has a microphone as good as my external mic so i can put my external mic away to clear some space on my table