$160 GTX 1070 worth it?

Jack0f5pades

I currently rock a 4gb RX570. A friend is selling his old 8gb 1070 for $160, which is $30 less than I spent for my current card. After selling my current card, it would end up being about a hundred dollar upgrade. Is the performance bonus worth that price difference? Thanks

The 1070 is a solid 30-50% faster than the RX 570, depending on the game, so yeah it'd be a significant upgrade.

Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900K | ASUS Strix Z390-F | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 | EVGA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER XC Ultra | Corsair RM650x | Fractal Design Define R6

Laptop: 2018 Apple MacBook Pro 13"  --  i5-8259U | 8GB LPDDR3 | 512GB NVMe

Peripherals: Leopold FC660C w/ Topre Silent 45g | Logitech MX Master 3 & Razer Basilisk X HyperSpeed | HIFIMAN HE400se & iFi ZEN DAC | Audio-Technica AT2020USB+

Display: Gigabyte G34WQC

I would say it's probably worth it because the jump from 4gb to 8gb makes a big difference.

I'd agree. I use a 1070 in my system and it still delivers very solid performance, even in newer titles. Plus with software like Afterburner you can get even more out of it.

Definitely.

You'd be incredibly hard-pressed to find a better card for $160.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

I'd be all over a $160 GTX 1070 that you can see in action since it's your friend's, especially since you can probably get $80 or so for your RX 570. Techpowerup's newest testsuite of games has the 1070 with 53% higher average framerate than 570 at 1080p.

relative-performance_1920-1080.png

45 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Definitely.

You'd be incredibly hard-pressed to find a better card for $160.

I'm usually not a big fan of buying used, but in this case he can see it in action at his friend's place, and it's about 26.5% faster than a 1650 Super that would cost him about $185 after tax. So with a price like that and low chance of getting burned this one seems like a no-brainer. I wish I had a friend offering a 1070 for $160. ?

Absolutely, and if you don't want to buy it for that price PM me the contact info for your friend so I can buy it at that price!