I bought a new motherboard and CPU and reused everything from my old computer and now my ram doesn't run at advertised speeds.

Go to solution Solved by TetraSky,

Please pull both sticks out and tell us their part numbers.

If they don't have similar timings and what not, it could be causing issues. Just because it used to work on one platform doesn't mean it will on another. I'd honestly recommend selling them and getting a proper dual channel memory kit of 3200Mhz memory instead

Do check if there's a bios update available for increased stability, though since you have a 3000 series Zen2 CPU and a B450 motherboard, you likely already have the latest one.

So about a year ago I bought me a gaming pc from Cyber power PC that had

Old spec:

i5 8400 

B360m Bazooka 

Team group Ram 1x8

Rx580 4 gig

1tb HDD

Corsair 600w Psu

And since been upgrading it bit by bit Started off With Ram and I bought another stick. Ended with me buying a new CPU And MOBO.

>MY PROBLEM is that when I turn on my XMP with same RAM I used to have before the swap its running at 2400 and it used to run at 2777.  I thought if anything I was going to be able to clock it higher. Every time I turn on the XMP or Turn up the frequency the PC gets black screen on reset.

Extra details: The Team group Ram in there looks the same but I bought 1 of em off Amazon while the other came with the computer.

New pc:

3700x 

B450 Tomahawk MAX

Team group ram 2x8

Boot Drive 240 Gig SSD

HDD 1tb

External 1tb HDD 

corsair 600w psu

20200228_231855.thumb.jpg.eec91eca001b545ec76fbb02d52b2926.jpg

In your photo, you didn't enable A-XMP though?

Or is it disabled because you say it blackscreens?

When you enable it, does it show 2777 right away instead of 2400?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

I enable it than I restart and it black screens also it stays at 2400 

This is part of the reason why not to buy single sticks of ram, are these identical sku's or did you just buy the same speed/delay rating and hope for the best? Have you checked bios version? A newer iteration might have better ram stability/support.

I tried my best to make the Ram match but there wasn't much information on this Ram at the time. team group T-force Vulcan Ram. also it used to clock higher than it does  now

Please pull both sticks out and tell us their part numbers.

If they don't have similar timings and what not, it could be causing issues. Just because it used to work on one platform doesn't mean it will on another. I'd honestly recommend selling them and getting a proper dual channel memory kit of 3200Mhz memory instead

Do check if there's a bios update available for increased stability, though since you have a 3000 series Zen2 CPU and a B450 motherboard, you likely already have the latest one.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

So I guess the question now is what ram  should I buy that's under 140

1 minute ago, BusterSkills said:

Okokok look I'm not dumb I promise it really did clock higher. Despite what you see it hit higher frequency

15829848570652086561766198975533.jpg

You sure it was clocking higher? It says 2400MHz on the stick...

Join HWBot or OCN

#1 3DM Fire Strike Ultra score in the world.

#2 3DM Time Spy Extreme score in the world.

#3 3DM Fire Strike Extreme score in the world.

#7 3DM Sky Diver score in the world.

#8 3DM Fire Strike score in the world.

#12 3DM Time Spy score in the world.

All scores obtained with 8600K + 1x 1070Ti. Links in bio

Well so much for that. ?

You're saying you want RAM under 140$ ? That's USD, CAD or some other currency?

Do you need Low Profile RAM? These neweggs listings could set you on the right path as most/all of them are perfectly good enough.

Personally, I have this RAM and it works perfectly great once I enabled A-XMP, though the cheaper version "designed" for Intel, will likely work just fine, especially on Zen2, which you have.

Ram is pretty cheap nowadays and you can get a 16gb 3200 kit for under $70

Before you reply to my post, REFRESH. 99.99% chance I edited my post. 

My System: i7-13700KF // Corsair iCUE H150i Elite Capellix // MSI MPG Z690 Edge Wifi // 32GB DDR5 G. SKILL RIPJAWS S5 6000 CL32 // Nvidia RTX 4070 Super FE // Corsair 5000D Airflow // Corsair SP120 RGB Pro x7 // Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 850w //1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro/1TB Teamgroup MP33/2TB Seagate 7200RPM Hard Drive // Displays: LG Ultragear 32GP83B x2 // Royal Kludge RK100 // Logitech G Pro X Superlight // Sennheiser DROP PC38x