Does the window make a difference is noise? [Define R4]

Jeroen1322

Hi guys!

What should i buy? The R4 with or without window?

I want to make it as quiet as possible but i also want to look at my sweet hardware, does the window make a noticable difference in noise?

Thanks! 

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

Just get the windowed version. Its soooo worth it as long as you dont plan on keeping your stock cooler lol

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

just grab whichever is cheaper doesn't matter if it has a window or not but.....

If you ask me I want to use a window one so I can show off stuff to my friends whenever they come over.

window:

Pros: let's you stuff a lot of bling bling and people would go wooow

Con's: more expensive if you go to the extra led's sleeves etc.

Live your life like a dream.

I would be more concerned with what would allow less dust to penetrate your chassis. Some windowed are better for that. Since it normally does not have the extra vents. Although these chassis are very good with dust resistance, and noise dampening. Sound dampening allot better with the non-window with the R4. Otherwise get dust filters and vibration dampening kits for your fans. Windowed is very cool if you want to see and show off your components. 

It dramatically increases noise for it has foam on the non window version, (From an owner)

It will make a difference. How large of a difference? Well that depends on the hardware you have in there.

New PC Build - Build Log - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/276039-project-swift-force/

[spoiler=]

• Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero
  • CPU: Intel i7-4790K
  • GPU1: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • GPU2: GIGABYTE G1 GAMING GTX 970 4GB
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro Red, 16gb (2x8GB) @1600mhz
  • PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850W 80+ Gold
  • CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61
  • HDD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB 7200RPM
  • SSD: Samsung 840 EVO - 250GB
  • Monitor: Asus PG278Q ROG Swift 27" 144hz G-Sync
  • Headphones: Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro 600 OHM
  • DAC/AMP: Mayflower Objective2 + ODAC Combo
  • Mouse: ROCCAT Kone Pure Optical
  • Keyboard: KBP V60 - Cherry MX Brown

When this question shows up I allways recommend getting the Non-windowed one.

The sidepanel with a windows is available to buy afterwards but not the non-windowed one.

Also, why getting a noise insulated case and then get the ignore the whole Idea behind the case with a window?

3570k@4.5GHz | 16GB 2133MHzCL12 @ 2400MHz CL12 | 1TB of SSD Storage | 3xDell U2412M | R9 270

Without is quieter usually I dont k ow if it sound dampened but if it isnt you can always buy some your self.