any recommend

it's not that long i follow linus on YT (1-2 years maybe) ...

and i watch an old video about malware testing on YT (siam alam channel)... and watch old video from linus .... so any recommend of a good free anti malware? is cybereason good enough? is it free? thanks before....

No free anti malware/anti virus is good, that's why they are free. Free ones aren't regularly updated and tend to just use you as a guinea pig.  

4 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

No free anti malware/anti virus is good, that's why they are free. Free ones aren't regularly updated and tend to just use you as a guinea pig.  

well i said good enough... i'm not looking so good... but good enough to protect from most malware

except if you can pay for me... thanks a lot otherwise still thanks :P

11 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

This isn't true at all. There are good free antivirus software out there. Avast is a good example of one. The free version of AVG isn't bad for just the basic functionality. Of course paying for one is always the better option but those are 2 that have a free version that will be better than nothing if you can't afford one at the moment.

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

The imbedded Windows Security is probably "the best" free one you will get. Other wise a paid one is what you are looking for.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

Just now, lewdicrous said:

Avast also harvests your data.

They used too. Not anymore

Main Rig CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5700x GPU: Asus TUF Gaming RX5700XT MBASUS AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200 CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Master Liquid LC240E SSD: Crucial 250gb M.2 + Crucial 500gb SSD HDD: PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Gran RGB 850W 80+ Gold Case: Corsair Carbide 275R KB: Glorious GMMK 85% MOUSE: Razer Naga Trinity HEADSET: Go XLR with Shure SM7B mic and beyerdynamic DT 990

unRAID Plex Server CPU: Intel i7 6700 GPU: Nvidia Quadro P2000 MB: Asus B150M-C RAM: Crucial Ballistix 32gb DDR4 3000MT/s CPU Cooler: Stock Intel SSD: Western Digital 500GB Red HDD: 4TB Seagate Baracude 3x 4TB Seagate Ironwolf PSU: EVGA BT 80+ Bronze 450W Case: Cooler Master HAF XB EVO KB: Cheap Logitech KB + Mouse combo

3 minutes ago, Psybadek said:

They used too. Not anymore

I wouldn't trust them tbh. They thought they could get away with it once, there's nothing stopping them from doing it again.

To each their own.

36 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

They also harvests your data.

AVAST is only one step lower than NORTON in stealing your data. Both these companies have had a bad track record in this aspect.

~Engineer.ai

Engineer.AI

On 2/28/2020 at 12:16 PM, Eschew said:

Any opinions on Avira?

You can honestly do better. I found Avira to be very GACHA (trying to squeeze out money from you) and generally very slow.
~Engineer.AI

Engineer.AI