AMD 2700X or 3600X for Unraid Server

Go to solution Solved by Aaron_T,
21 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

I plan to run about 2 or 3 VMs and 2 or 3 Docker containers for Next Cloud and Plex.

I'm no expert on Unraid, but personally I'd take more cores if you plan to run this many virtualized environments. Gives you more cores to alot to each environment.

Hi, I'm building a new Unraid Server.   I can't decide between the AMD 2700X or 3600X.   I plan to run about 2 or 3 VMs and 2 or 3 Docker containers for Next Cloud and Plex.   My storage will be two 500GB SSD for Cache and four 8TB Red Drives.   I have a GTX 1660 TI that I'm going to use for Plex.  Do you what the better CPU for this setup?   Thanks!

David

21 minutes ago, davidst95 said:

I plan to run about 2 or 3 VMs and 2 or 3 Docker containers for Next Cloud and Plex.

I'm no expert on Unraid, but personally I'd take more cores if you plan to run this many virtualized environments. Gives you more cores to alot to each environment.

3 minutes ago, AaronThomas said:

Thanks!  That makes sense. 

David