Easy Way to Change OS from 32-bit to 64-bit

bkjimena11

Is there any way to change my Windows 10 from 32-bit to 64-bit?

Edited by bkjimena11

There is no "easy" way. The only way is to do a clean install. Let us know if you need info on how to accomplish that.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Is there no easy way to do it without having to reinstall and losing all the programs and files?

You can reinstall Windows to 64-bit without erasing your programs and files.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

1 minute ago, ARikozuM said:

If you're talking about doing a reinstall with Windows.old, that doesn't keep programs only files.

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

4 minutes ago, bkjimena11 said:

Is there no easy way to do it without having to reinstall and losing all the programs and files?

There is no easy way to change the OS version from 32-bit or 64-bit, only way is to reinstall. You can do a fresh install with Windows.old and keep your files but it will not have programs. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

9 minutes ago, bkjimena11 said:

Is there any way to change my Windows 10 from 32-bit to 64-bit?

There is no way to change the OS from 32-64bit, it requires a re-installation of the OS as the kernel is not the same. 64bit OS requires a 64bit Kernel to function. This requires replacing the current 32 bit OS with a 64 bit OS.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

You will need to copy any files (Images, documents, videos, music) into a usb drive or the cloud or wherever. Format the PC and reinstall and then copy the files back.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

7 hours ago, ARikozuM said:

How can you do that then?

8 minutes ago, bkjimena11 said:

How can you do that then?

That post isn't really how it works. You can save files and pretty much everything on your C drive if you have space. Windows installer detects old installs and asks if you want to keep the files (they will be stored in Windows.old folder).

Programs will need to be reinstalled. Some might work, but as they don't have config or profile files in place, it's just same as reinstalling them. They won't show up in installed programs either.

Many software save profiles and settings in files which you can backup. Some even allow exporting settings. So after reinstall, you can paste those back in.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv