DIY Cable management bar

KENBAL420

Okay so the Cougar MX 330G has no grommets and the disgusting cables in the back can be seen, is it possible to make my own DIY cable managemenr bar? 

it's either that or i try and make my own grommets.

CPU: i5 4670k @4.1ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB | MB: Gigabyte Z97P-D3H | RAM: 4x4GB Generic | SSD: Gigabyte 240GB  

PSU: Antec High Current Gamer 650 watt | Case: Cougar MX330G

1 hour ago, KENBAL420 said:

Okay so the Cougar MX 330G has no grommets and the disgusting cables in the back can be seen, is it possible to make my own DIY cable managemenr bar? 

it's either that or i try and make my own grommets.

You can buy grommets. Both Bill at @Mnpctech and modmymods have rubber grommets based on the size you might need. 

https://www.mnpctech.com/products/pc-cable-grommet-large

https://modmymods.com/computer-cases/grommets.html

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

RGB Build Post 2019 --- Rainbow 🦆 2020 --- Velka 5 V2.0 Build 2021

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

for me i'ts hard to come by so that's why i'm going the DIY route @TVwazhere

2 minutes ago, TVwazhere said:

You can buy grommets. Both Bill at @Mnpctech and modmymods have rubber grommets based on the size you might need. 

CPU: i5 4670k @4.1ghz | GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 1060 G1 Gaming 6GB | MB: Gigabyte Z97P-D3H | RAM: 4x4GB Generic | SSD: Gigabyte 240GB  

4 minutes ago, KENBAL420 said:

for me i'ts hard to come by so that's why i'm going the DIY route @TVwazhere

I see. In that case, I'll move this thread to Case modding and Other Mods to best reflect the type of answer you need :)

"Put as much effort into your question as you'd expect someone to give in an answer"- @Princess Luna

Make sure to Quote posts or tag the person with @[username] so they know you responded to them!

Purple Build Post ---  Blue Build Post --- Blue Build Post 2018 --- Project ITNOS

CPU i7-4790k    Motherboard Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI    RAM G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1866mhz    GPU EVGA GTX1080Ti FTW3    Case Corsair 380T   

Storage Samsung EVO 250GB, Samsung EVO 1TB, WD Black 3TB, WD Black 5TB    PSU Corsair CX750M    Cooling Cryorig H7 with NF-A12x25

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

I see. In that case, I'll move this thread to Case modding and Other Mods to best reflect the type of answer you need :)

I'll be sure to do that, thanks.

15 hours ago, TVwazhere said:

but it is in Case Modding and other mods XD

8 hours ago, KENBAL420 said:

but it is in Case Modding and other mods XD

That's because I already moved it ;) 

On 2/25/2020 at 5:34 AM, TVwazhere said:

maybe I should make a separate thread for this, but I've had such a hard time finding soft rubber grommets (with membranes) in any variety of sizes - the circular grommets here look pretty good, but only come in one size. for building custom cases or cabinets I'd definitely want to be able to source larger grommets as well. do you know of any other good suppliers?

@KENBAL420 I'm interested in seeing what solution you end up going with, I've been doing some mods to my living room media furniture and I'm looking for more cable management ideas.

3 minutes ago, chub jabroni said:

do you know of any other good suppliers?

Not of various sizes. I just knew these two were good sources for most rectangular cutouts that cheaper cases lack. Sorry :( 

10 hours ago, chub jabroni said:

maybe I should make a separate thread for this, but I've had such a hard time finding soft rubber grommets (with membranes) in any variety of sizes - the circular grommets here look pretty good, but only come in one size. for building custom cases or cabinets I'd definitely want to be able to source larger grommets as well. do you know of any other good suppliers?

@KENBAL420 I'm interested in seeing what solution you end up going with, I've been doing some mods to my living room media furniture and I'm looking for more cable management ideas.

I found this video online and i'll maybe give it a shot. I can't get rubber grommets in my area so a DIY solution would be the best route for me to go.

On 2/25/2020 at 7:34 AM, TVwazhere said:

got these too, https://www.mnpctech.com/products/round-pc-cable-grommet

all cable grommets only .99 each! 

corsair_cable_grommets_psu_holes_800d_90

17 years of helping you void your warranty