MSI QuickSilver 1070 Red logo is so ugly!

computer1up

So I just ordered a QuickSilver MSI GTX 1070 from eBay as an upgrade for my failing RX 470. One small problem. 

The quicksilver cooler would fit my current build perfectly (black, white and silver aesthetic). I do think the red MSI logo on the backplate sticks out like a sore thumb. 

Anyone got experience in covering it up? I'm thinking of a few options. 

1. Get a Gaming X backplate and mod that one. Though that would get rid of one of the main advantages of this card. 

2. Plasti-dip the backplate. But I'm not that good with spraypainting stuff in general. Yes, plasti-dip is removable, but I'm not so sure if it's a good idea. 

3. Permanent marker, but that just seems like a stupid option...

I wouldn't mind if it's just the red that's covered up. The white and black of the logo don't bother me of course, but the red...

Anyone got suggestions? 

Also the picture is not mine, it's from the eBay auction. Yes, I still have to receive my card :P But I thought I'd ask anyway. 

s-l1600.jpg

MSI may make these cards with the badge being in a recessed then glued in.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

What I would do if I wasn't sure about my painting/modding skills is I'd look for a badge slightly bigger than that logo and put it in there with double-sided tape. So you can measure the dimensions of that logo when you get the card, then look on eBay or Amazon or even Etsy (there are so many nice things to find on Etsy) for a logo-badge of something you like; ex. Batman, Silver Surfer, Transformers... etc., which fit your build theme. There's plenty out there. You just get one and stick it on that abomination with double sided tape and voila!

1 minute ago, Mud_89 said:

What I would do if I wasn't sure about my painting/modding skills is I'd look for a badge slightly bigger than that logo and put it in there with double-sided tape. So you can measure the dimensions of that logo when you get the card, then look on eBay or Amazon or even Etsy (there are so many nice things to find on Etsy) for a logo-badge of something you like; ex. Batman, Silver Surfer, Transformers... etc., which fit your build theme. There's plenty out there. You just get one and stick it on that abomination with double sided tape and voila!

Hun, that’s a good idea. Guess I’ll have a look on thingiverse and put my Prusa to work :p

1 minute ago, computer1up said:

Hun, that’s a good idea. Guess I’ll have a look on thingiverse and put my Prusa to work ?

Oooh that's even a BETTER idea!

On 2/25/2020 at 2:23 PM, Mudzie said:

Oooh that's even a BETTER idea!

Now just a waiting game for the card to actually arrive. I hope the seller ships it soon.