Value Gaming Card?

anfor68

what would be a value gaming card around $100

resolution of the monitor i have right now is 1650 by 1080

With only 100 you wont get much. SSave up for mabye a 660Ti

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

$100 should give you a HD7770 or a GTX 650. My recommendation would be the 7770, but if you have some more money to spend, go for a 7850 of a 650 TI BOOST. These would be some nice entry level cards.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Or 7970XT

Current rig: i5 2500k & Gtx 560ti With Filco MJ1 TKL & Neutron Gtx 120gb SSD

I see... thanks for the replies guys.

so 7850 it is

in my budget/cheaper build.. I used a 660. and it performs  great in all games, even on untra settings on bf3, its playable (however i usually run it on high)

For your budget a 550 might be a good option

My Meme Proudly Featured on the Live-Stream: http://prodigydoo.com/ImageStorage/memes/linus-meme-6.jpg
Some Threads You Should Get involved in: Linus and Slick Memes     Youtubers on the LTT Forum      The List of Tech YouTubers (Contribute!)      Disable AdBlock for Linus (Guide)

in my budget/cheaper build.. I used a 660. and it performs  great in all games, even on untra settings on bf3, its playable (however i usually run it on high)

For your budget a 550 might be a good option

im using a GTX 660 atm aswell... this is a budget build though so i wasnt expecting much, but given i can play hawken on Ultra at 32 fps and 3x FXAA its a good little runner for a temp

Character artist in the Games industry.

what would be a value gaming card around $100

None. There are cards for around $100, but they are not 'value'. When it comes to graphics cards, no matter the generation, value-per-dollar is a curve that peaks in the middle, starting with the lowest card you could feasibly play a new game on high settings with, ending with the top-of-the-line. The less expensive and more expensive are always a worse VALUE. If you want value, you'll almost always be looking in the 175-375 dollar range. Right now, good values start at the HD7790 and Nv 650Ti Boost and end with the HD7970 and Nv 670. Those are good value cards. Anything above that and it's not cost efficient since you will NEVER have a graphics card as long as you'd like, anything below that and you'll just be upgrading again much sooner.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Or 7970XT

I think you mean 7870 XT (Tahiti LE), that's an excellent card, but It's out of his price range I believe.

What I would recommend for 100$ is the 7770, it's a fantastic card for 100$, really is.

If you can save just a bit more , around 180$, you can get a 2GB 7850 one of the best cards in terms of performance for the price.

+1 for a 7770 those things are still really great! 

they run really well with the new drivers, however the next drivers that are coming out are meant to make all the amd series really good although i do think that the driver update is going to be for crossfire stability

Character artist in the Games industry.

The 7870 will do just fine

so I can get a 7770 now and be satisfied or save some more and get a better card. I see

i bought my friend a 650 and it ran realy well he was playing hawken on high at 1080p and still getting realy playable frame rates so thats been my exp and its around 100 if you look around amazon there is 650 ti for like 120 and thats what i have and i am doing aright with metro skyrim hawken and farcry 3 plus the new nvidia experance makes life easy

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127725

650 ti for 120 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

I would also go for the HIS Radeon HD 7770. Once overclocked it can get pretty close the the GTX 560: http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/his_radeon_hd_7770_ghz_edition_review,1.html

Untitled-24.png

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

i bought my friend a 650 and it ran realy well he was playing hawken on high at 1080p and still getting realy playable frame rates so thats been my exp and its around 100 if you look around amazon there is 650 ti for like 120 and thats what i have and i am doing aright with metro skyrim hawken and farcry 3 plus the new nvidia experance makes life easy

just some food for thought 

http://www.hwcompare.com/13633/geforce-gtx-650-ti-vs-radeon-hd-7770/

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127725

650 ti for 120 

Cpu:I7-3770|motherboard:msi z77 MPower|Ram:G-Skill Sniper 1866|Graphics:Evga 650ti SSC|Boot drive:128gb Samsung 840|Data drive:2 tb Seagate 7200 Case:Fractal Design R4|Power supply: corsair cs 750m|OS:Windows 7 home Premium|keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013| mouse: Razer Death Adder chroma

If you cannot wait  go 7770, it was recommended by Linus on the live stream as well.

but if you can wait I would recommend waiting and save a bit more to a card you can really get some milleage on(1-2 year till next upgrade) =p

Go with the 7770

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790k CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Chassis/Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2  Motherboard: Asus Z87-Deluxe RAM:  Team Vulcan 2x4Gb(2133Mhz)  Video Card: Asus 7970 Direct CU II Custom Rom (150% Power, 1100 core 6Ghz Memory)  Power Supply: Fractal Integra R2 750 Watt  Keyboard: Cooler Master Quick Fire Rapid (MX Blue Switches)  MouseCorsair M90 Storage: SX900 128Gb, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM, WD Green 1TB 7200RPM   MY OLD BUILDLOG

The Fastest 8350 @5.33Ghz with a score of 9.16pts in Cinebench 11.5

save up around $60 more dollers and get a 650ti boost, way better. While youre there, just spend another $20 for a 660, which is wayyyyy better.

Build: Fx-8120@4.1ghz,  Gtx770@1.0ghz,  16gb Patriot memory,  Cheap case from thermaltake

lol if any one  read my second post there is a 650 ti on sale for 120 before mail and rebate 

wow... so many recommendations. i have a 550Ti which is not a very good card, but i pulled off about 2 years with it. so i was wondering if 7770 is a worthwhile boost, or as Mastermortis said, get a 650Ti or just wait for the next gen for the prices to go down