Are asiahorse cable extensions good?

Aaralli

I am building a new PC, but taking the old non modular power supply over from my old PC. I want to get cable extensions so that my new PC looks somewhat decent. The case I've chosen is the Thermaltake Core P1. Will Asiahorse Cable Extensions on amazon be good for this case? Also, I've seen different reviews say that they come with cable combs, and other reviews say that they don't. Which is it?

1 minute ago, Aaralli said:

Asiahorse Cable Extensions on amazon

I'd look into if its a legit brand, or something coming out of a basement.

1 hour ago, greenmax said:

I'd look into if its a legit brand, or something coming out of a basement.

They are legit.

1 hour ago, Aaralli said:

I am building a new PC, but taking the old non modular power supply over from my old PC. I want to get cable extensions so that my new PC looks somewhat decent. The case I've chosen is the Thermaltake Core P1. Will Asiahorse Cable Extensions on amazon be good for this case? Also, I've seen different reviews say that they come with cable combs, and other reviews say that they don't. Which is it?

Look at some video reviews, physically see for yourself. Also look at the package description on whichever website you're buying from. Some packs may have combs, some may not.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Just now, Statik said:

They are legit.

Are they Amazon company branded?

I never heard of them myself, though I dont follow.

1 hour ago, greenmax said:

Are they Amazon company branded?

I never heard of them myself, though I dont follow.

I don't know what that means. And they're like a cheaper sleeving quality. PaulsHardware has reviewed them I believe.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Oh I just meant, Amazon themselves have branded items. Its like Bestbuy has their house brand, same with Radio shack, though Amazon would have house brands for clothing, office products, beauty products etc.

Dont matter.

Just now, greenmax said:

Oh I just meant, Amazon themselves have branded items. Its like Bestbuy has their house brand, same with Radio shack, though Amazon would have house brands for clothing, office products, beauty products etc.

Dont matter.

Bitwit and Paulshardware have reviewed them, and both reviewed were very positive, I'm just wondering if anyone on this forum has any hands on experience they could share about.

1 minute ago, Caroline said:

They're ok and unless you're planning to run extreme overclocks you shouldn't worry, just make sure connectors aren't loose once you're 

This build has a Ryzen 5 1600 on a mini ITX B450 board. I was thinking of trying to get it to the speed of a 2600 maybe. 

54 minutes ago, greenmax said:

Dont matter.

Are you referring to Amazon Basics?

8 minutes ago, Aaralli said:

This build has a Ryzen 5 1600 on a mini ITX B450 board. I was thinking of trying to get it to the speed of a 2600 maybe. 

It should be fine. They are said to be alright overall for being direct from China. Bitwit (Kyle) did a video on sleeved cables, Asiahorse was included.  

7 hours ago, Aaralli said:

Thermaltake Core P1

That's an ITX case?  Why in the world do you need extensions?  What are you extending?  What PSU are you using?

You only need extensions for long cases where the stock cables are not long enough.

7 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

That's an ITX case?  Why in the world do you need extensions?  What are you extending?  What PSU are you using?

You only need extensions for long cases where the stock cables are not long enough.

Because the power supply I'm carrying over from the old PC is non modular and ketchup and mustard cables... I'm hoping to make this PC look as good as possible without spending a stupidly high amount of money.

7 hours ago, Aaralli said:

Because the power supply I'm carrying over from the old PC is non modular and ketchup and mustard cables... I'm hoping to make this PC look as good as possible without spending a stupidly high amount of money.

Sounds like a crappy PSU. 

Why not get a good PSU?

43 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

Sounds like a crappy PSU. 

Why not get a good PSU?

Those are expensive. You could spend that money to get $100 RGB fans and LED strips. 

:)

2 hours ago, seon123 said:

Those are expensive. You could spend that money to get $100 RGB fans and LED strips. 

LOL!

Voltages are going to be so low at the end of the cable that there's going to be nothing but PSU related issues with this build.  :D

On 2/23/2020 at 1:36 PM, Founders said:

It should be fine. They are said to be alright overall for being direct from China. Bitwit (Kyle) did a video on sleeved cables, Asiahorse was included.  

LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!

And not ONCE does he mention what the wire gauge is or measure the resistance/voltage drop under load.

At least he says:  "This video is in no way scientific and is completely subjective."

25 minutes ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOL!

Voltages are going to be so low at the end of the cable that there's going to be nothing but PSU related issues with this build.  :D

Vive La Résistance

Workstation Laptop: Dell Precision 7540, Xeon E-2276M, 32gb DDR4, Quadro T2000 GPU, 4k display

Wifes Rig: ASRock B550m Riptide, Ryzen 5 5600X, Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6700 XT, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz V-Color Skywalker RAM, ARESGAME AGS 850w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750, 500gb Crucial m.2, DIYPC MA01-G case

My Rig: ASRock B450m Pro4, Ryzen 5 3600, ARESGAME River 5 CPU cooler, EVGA RTX 2060 KO, 16gb (2x8) 3600mhz TeamGroup T-Force RAM, ARESGAME AGV750w PSU, 1tb WD Black SN750 NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 3tb Hitachi 7200 RPM HDD, Fractal Design Focus G Mini custom painted.  

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 video card benchmark result - AMD Ryzen 5 3600,ASRock B450M Pro4 (3dmark.com)

Daughter 1 Rig: ASrock B450 Pro4, Ryzen 7 1700 @ 4.2ghz all core 1.4vCore, AMD R9 Fury X w/ Swiftech KOMODO waterblock, Custom Loop 2x240mm + 1x120mm radiators in push/pull 16gb (2x8) Patriot Viper CL14 2666mhz RAM, Corsair HX850 PSU, 250gb Samsun 960 EVO NVMe Win 10 boot drive, 500gb Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 512GB TeamGroup MP30 M.2 SATA III SSD, SuperTalent 512gb SATA III SSD, CoolerMaster HAF XM Case. 

https://www.3dmark.com/3dm/37004594?

Daughter 2 Rig: ASUS B350-PRIME ATX, Ryzen 7 1700, Sapphire Nitro+ R9 Fury Tri-X, 16gb (2x8) 3200mhz V-Color Skywalker, ANTEC Earthwatts 750w PSU, MasterLiquid Lite 120 AIO cooler in Push/Pull config as rear exhaust, 250gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD, Patriot Burst 240gb SSD, Cougar MX330-X Case

6 hours ago, jonnyGURU said:

LOL!

Eventually I'm going to replace the current PSU with a Corsair RM650x or some other PSU with equivalent quality, but I'm on a tight budget as it is. There will be no overclocking whatsoever and I may even underclock if I think there may be any stability issues...