CPU bottleneck W/ rtx 2080

Neko Yumi
Go to solution Solved by Mateyyy,

I think in BF5 and possibly The Division 2 your 9600K might just slightly hold the 2080 back, but it shouldn't be anything noticeable if I was to guess. Either way, it will be a major improvement over the 970 and you should have a great experience.

Make sure to remove your current graphics drivers using DDU, and then reinstall the latest from Nvidia's website. It's not an absolute necessity, as you're not going from Nvidia to AMD for example, but it is good practice and you'll be sure that you won't run into any problems/incompatibilities.

1 minute ago, Neko Yumi said:

Interesting results... i've watched linus's video about bottlenecking as well to get myself an idea and that video shows exactly what he meant by "increasing performance to lower bottlenecking" 

Now what i wonder is what the video's owner has done in his settings to overclock the CPU to 5.0 GHZ..

I wasn't suggesting that you need to overclock. Just it was a video that showed what you would get via stock settings. The gain from overclocking doesn't really seem worth it enough for me to push it at someone who has little to no experience overclocking.

1 minute ago, AngryBeaver said:

I wasn't suggesting that you need to overclock. Just it was a video that showed what you would get via stock settings. The gain from overclocking doesn't really seem worth it enough for me to push it at someone who has little to no experience overclocking.

I am sorry if it looked that way, i didn't mean to.

I tried to emphase the interesting results and how he has done such overclocking

Although stock settings look satisfying enough compared to my small 970 atm